A great way TO x A great way OF

Avatar do usuário Daniel Reis 840 14
Olá pessoal

Queria saber qual é a forma correta de dizer '' listening to music is a great way of practicing your English or ..."is a great way to practice your English"?

Mais Votada Mais Votada

Avatar do usuário jlcashill 1605 4 12 29
Daniel, I'm going to say that they mean pretty much the same thing, you can use them interchangeably without the meaning changing.

The only thing you have to be aware of is using the "-ing" after the preposition "of" and using the infinitive with "to" in the other case.

But one thing is for certain: participating in the forum is a great way of practicing / to practice your English!!!

If you're not sure, do a google search with the expression in " ". I just did one for "a great way of seeing" and "a great way to see". See how many results there are for each option.

MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
I think,in this case we can use "of",because if we use "to",the sense of the phrase is gonna change. If I'm wrong,pls correct me. See ya!