A little joke

Jerry Dorien 4 48
Hi friends,

Vamos ver se alguém sabe essa!!!

Como chamamos "elevador" nos Estados Unidos???

see you.

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Jerry Dorien 4 48
Hi friends,

R= the same way we do in Brazil, it's only press the button.

see you.
Alessandro 3 13 98
Jerry,

A galera ficou com medo de arriscar.. :lol:

Boa pegadinha

Abraço,
Henry Cunha 3 18 190
Hi Jerry,

That was a good one. Keep them coming.

Your joke reminded me of a real story about an instrumentation technology student who was given the following problem in an exam: "With the help of a barometer, by what process would you determine the height of a building?"

He supplied not one, but three solutions:

1. Find the building superintendent. Tell him, "Mr Sup, if you´ll be so kind as to tell me the height of your building I will give you this beautiful instrument."
2. If you can´t find the sup, buy a long-enough piece of rope, go to the top of the building, tie the barometer to the rope, lower it to the ground, and then measure the length of rope.
3. If you can´t find the sup, and don´t have a rope, get to the top of the building, drop the barometer over the side, time the fall on your watch, and apply Galileo´s formula for falling bodies. Disregard friction, except for when you return the instrument pieces to your instructor.

Regards
Jerry Dorien 4 48
thanks for your acceptance,

A friend of mine that asked to me in the work. He made a kind of test to me about my english, I almost threw a stone on him. K k K..

See you.