Adjetivos ''sound, well-functioning and transparent''

Na frase "For a successful project, it is important that there are sound, well-functioning and transparent legal and regulatory institutions, fiscal and financial frameworks, supportive and credible institutional processes...", os adjetivos "sound, well-functioning and transparent" estão qualificando apenas "institutions" ou também qualificam "frameworks" and "processes"?

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
I think all of these words are referring to the “Successful project”
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
It is important that there are sound, well-functioning and transparent legal and legal regulatory institutions.

It's my thinking, the institutions must be legal and regulatory (the author made them go along with "institutions" for a reason). When not "regulatory" we can think of "unrestrictive", "non-regulated/nonregulatory", uncontrolled, or even "regulated institutions" (the ones under the regulatory supervision).
"Institutions" would cover all that, it would be all-encompassing.
Of course, all institutions need transparency and all, but the author meant to specify them.

So, "well-functioning and transparent" qualifies "legal and regulatory institutions".

Now the next thing to notice.
There is a list of preconditions a project needs to meet to be successful, it comes after the "it's important that there are":

- sound, well-functioning and transparent, legal and regulatory institutions,
- fiscal and financial frameworks,
- supportive and credible institutional processes...",

The adjectives attribute qualities or describe the words that are closer to them. In this case, the commas are an indication of a list (of necessary conditions).
T comma
Os adjetivos "sound, well-functioning and transparent" estão qualificando apenas "institutions" ou também qualificam "frameworks" and "processes"?

I hope this helps, ans lets wait for additional information or insights.
Redseahorse 4 35 574
Clarissa, eles qualificam apenas INSTITUTIONS! No final do dia, todos os adjetivos deste texto subqualificam apenas um substantivo (PROJECT), como já mencionado acima pelo Marcio. Mas o que mais me chamou a atenção neste extrato, foi a quantidade absurda de adjetivos que o autor usou nisto, que parece ser apenas parte de um parágrafo. Eu contei onze (11) no total, se considerarmos o adjetivo composto como sendo um (1)... WORDY & WIERDO hehehe.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Actually the text is part of a document (a booklet) that can be found/download at the OECD site.
Sometimes authorities or those acquainted with academic texts use a stilted language, almost to the point of pompous.
Another thing I notice is the verbose sentences in which they made heavy use of commas. Commas are to resolve ambiguity, those ones led to them!
Of course, a comment from a learner standpoint here, because I know it was a text using ESP (English for specific purposes).