1. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only
on one row of the keyboard.
2. There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in
order: "abstemious" and "facetious."
3. There are more chickens than people in the world.
4. The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.
5. The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel
that it burns.
6. Maine is the only American state whose name is just one syllable.
7. Butterflies taste with their feet.
8. There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous":
tremendous, horrendous, hazardous and stupendous.
9. "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
10. The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every
letter of the alphabet.