Anyone in Curitiba or Floripa want to practice English?

Avatar do usuário Sra_Tradutora 3270 6 73
Wow! Has it been two months already? In the end, I did meet a handful of people in both Floripa and Curitiba, but not from this forum.

At the language school that I went to in Florianopolis, the secretary knew of a girl who would be interested in what I was looking for: speaking in both English and Portuguese while doing cool stuff around the island. She specializes in biomechanics and physical education so she's very active; and she's also not very conventional, like me. One afternoon, we hiked on an unmarked trail with lots of large rocks and mud up to a waterfall that she knew. Getting a nice shower massage under it was cool. I also met her older sister, who lived 2 years in Paris and is a French teacher, so I spoke in French with both of them as well.

In Curitiba, I contacted a language school called Centre Quebec. They teach English and French, as well as Quebec culture, to Brazilians who want to move here. The coordinator sent me a list of people who were interested in doing a cultural exchange while I was there. I met with a professional couple twice, and with a teacher and her teenage son once.

I enjoyed meeting all these people. It made my trip much more interesting.
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 35990 4 32 631
Yep, how time flies!
I am glad that you met cool and dependable people in my country, indeed "unconventional" is more like Brazil people, he he. Here you meet people of all beliefs, languages, countries, interests, what you have.
And you ain´t seen nothing yet! I have traveled this country and have been in touch with a pretty varied crowd.
This Forum is a sample, see how people of all walks of life, levels and of all imaginable places come here.
I do am very glad that you enjoyed the travel, you certainly increased increased your cultural background and helped others to build up theirs, congratulations and thanks for sharing with us!

And more, as a plus, you happened to find the Forum and have participated giving some pretty good insights to us.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Noticing even a change in your mood, by the change of the avatar? I hope it´s one of those rivers in Parana or is it in the US?
Just wondering...!
PPAULO escreveu:And more, as a plus, you happened to find the Forum and have participated giving some pretty good insights to us.

Glad to be of service :-).

PPAULO escreveu:Noticing even a change in your mood, by the change of the avatar? I hope it´s one of those rivers in Parana or is it in the US?
Just wondering...!

The previous photo was taken in Northwestern Argentina in May 2009. I changed it to one of the photos I took on my trip this year. You (or somebody else) have to guess where it is. Tip: it involves more than one country.
Ha ha, Iguaçu Falls?
PPAULO escreveu:Ha ha, Iguaçu Falls?

Close enough. It's in the same area. The photo was taken on the Argentinian side at a point in the town of Puerto Iguazu called "Hito Tres Fronteras" (the tri-border milestone). You can see Paraguay to the left of the river and Brazil to the right.
Green with envy! hee hee.
Someday I will be there, the farthest I had been was to Paranaguá (PR)/Itajaí (SC) but in passing... hectic life, work, all that jazz!
Anyway, I am glad I have some good friends in the South region, I didn´t moved there some time ago because my wife and cold weather (brrr!) never have been on speaking terms!
Ah, the joys of marriage :-). I wouldn't know since I'm pretty much what you could call a solteirona.

I didn't hang out much in Foz do Iguaçu because it's apparently much less safer than its Argentinian counterpart. But from the Hito Tres Fronteras I could see some people on the Brazilian side as well. It's called "Marco das Três Fronteiras" on that side, but again, from what I've read, it seems to be less recommended (i.e. a more dangerous area and less interesting view). If you ever go, you must see both sides. And get a boat tour up close to the falls (to get all soaking wet) on the Argentinian side.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3835 1 9 85
Hey!

I visited Foz, Puerto Iguazu and the "Marco das Três Fronteiras" two weeks ago! And also Itaipu dam ! F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C place!
The falls are just... so enormous :)
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
We missed each other by about two weeks, Flavia. I wanted to go to the Itaipu dam since I've also visited a few of the hydroelectric dams we have here, but the weather was awful when I was there so I didn't bother staying an extra day in Foz to see it. There seems to be a few interesting videos about it online, though.