Are you a hypochondriac?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Ravenna escreveu:I bet MM is a freaking hypochondriac.

...i have no doubt about that!!! *laughing out loud*
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Ravenna, said to take the quiz, and it says I am an 80% hypochondriac, but I think that is a bunch of "Bull".

Just because I think I have; Heart Disease, Diabetes, Bad Back, Chronic Headaches, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Post Tramatic Stress Disorder, Alzheimer's, Hip Dysplasia, Flat Feet, Tinnitus, Chronic Fatigue, Sleep Apnea, Acid Reflux, Arthritis and Suspicious Moles does not mean that I have hypochondriasis. I could just be getting old. :o ;) :lol:
ENG_rafael escreveu:Hello everyone,

I took the quiz suggestioned by Ravenna and that said I am not hypochondriac, to be exact I am 8% hypochondriac, what is normal, according to the result. But I take some vitamins every day, my mother thinks they are important to me, because according to her I am easy to get flu, thus taking vitamins will prevent me even better than only counting on healthy foods. To be honest, I guess she is correct about that, for the past six months I didn't get any flu, what means a remarkable record for me.

See you guys and gals!

Rafael,

Please plug in the changes I have indicated below and let me know what you think.

... 8% hypochondriac "which" is normal, ... according to her "I get the flu easily", thus taking vitamins will "protect" me even better ... months I "didn't catch the flu, which is "a remarkable record for me.
Bill,

I read your changes and doubts rose. I would like to know if when I want to write something about "the flu", I am supposed to write "the flu" rather than only "flu", for instance, "I didn't catch the flu" always instead of "I didn't catch flu"?

Is there difference between "get the flu" and "catch the flu"? I think "get the flu" is the condition of been cold, while "catch the flu" means become cold.

Thank you in advance.
@Eng_rafael: Do you mind if I, Ravenna, answer your question?

Catch or Get? I think in this case, 'get' and 'catch' have the same meaning in Portuguese: "pegar".
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
I hold pretty much the same notion as Ravenna. People say "catch the flu" because they've grown accustomed to hearing other speakers say it since childhool, at least.

"Mommy, I caught the flu."
Hi fellows, thank you both for helping me! I used to think catch and get didn't have the same meaning, but now I am on the right track.

See you!
Ravenna escreveu:Before answering, I suggest you to take this quiz first

Yes. I did.

It says I'm 96% hyponchondriac! :shock: :o

"You are a full scale hypochondriac, medical student, or both. You're obsessed with everything that could go wrong on the human body - especially yours!"

I swear to my life that I am a bit afraid of myself after reading that.

=/
ENG_rafael escreveu:Bill,

I read your changes and doubts rose. I would like to know if when I want to write something about "the flu", I am supposed to write "the flu" rather than only "flu", for instance, "I didn't catch the flu" always instead of "I didn't catch flu"?

Is there difference between "get the flu" and "catch the flu"? I think "get the flu" is the condition of been cold, while "catch the flu" means become cold.

Thank you in advance.

Ravenna, Marcio and Rafael,

In this instance catch / caught and get / got can be used interchangeably, provided you use the proper tense, ie: I am going to catch (get) the flu; I have caught (got) the flu; I think I am catching (getting) the flu.

As to using the article the, the noun flu is normally preceded by this article.

Hope this helps.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
Hey Bill, I have got it!
Thanks!!