Around the World in 80 Years - Travel Journal

sandrom escreveu:Hey Frank,

I missed your posts. You talk about my favorites things: travelling and languages.
Thanks man! I'm going to slow down the traveling part for a little while now, I just finally rented a little studio for the first time in 10 months... That's right... Since April 2012 I've been living almost only out of hotel rooms! :shock: It's good to have a kitchen again and get back into a healthy life style for a while... at least for a couple of months. So I'll be in Thailand for the time being, but Taiwan is waiting... and so are Hong Kong and Shanghai, budget permitting, before my trip back to Latin America!
I don't know if someone asked it before but I'll do it right now.
You are aways trevelling that's the reason that I would like to know how big is your suitcase?
'Cause you are working and travelling and of course you're visiting very cheap countries with a lot of interesting things to buy.
HaHa Let us know how big and how many bags do you have?
Haha... well, I don't even have a suitcase mate, I only have a backpack and it's so small that I don't need to check in... I can carry on. That and a laptop, that's all I need. Sometimes I buy stuff but usually I end up giving it away pretty quickly because you can only carry so much stuff through dozens of countries before you decide it's not worth the hassle lol! In fact, I've gotten stopped by airport security twice now because of my light luggage.

"How long are you staying in Australia for?"
"Five weeks."
"Five weeks and you only carry this little backpack?"
"I've been traveling a long time... I like to travel light."
"Would you open that up for me please." :x

In Australia they even x-rayed my shoes the thought it's so suspicious, only a drug runner would take an overseas flight and have hardly any luggage with him. Lucky I don't even smoke cigarettes! :lol:

But yeah definitely recommend to travel as light as possible... The less luggage, the happier the trip.

Cheers!

~ Frank Florida ~
INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
sandrom 3 11
Hey Frank,

How are you?

Do you use some insurance? What do you recommend?

thanks in advance

Sandro
Hey Sandro, how's it going? I wrote an article about that topic for the EE blog, have a look:
https://www.englishexperts.com.br/aroun ... rs-part-x/

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
~ Frank ~
Hi Frank, just to say that I've read all your posts and it is really inspiring. I'm currently in my second year off after university and living in that "cold and rainy" that you mentioned in one post. I think we always want to go to a totally different place from where we came from, right? Well, I lived all my life in a island in south Brazil, don't know if you heard about, it's called Florianópolis. So let's say that I've enjoyed a lot the beach environment.

I'm currently in a boring job here in London but that gives me a lot of free time and confort, as my main objective to be here is to improve my english and have the time to discover the city I think it's not so bad. I don't know what to do next, but I know I'm not the kind of person who will stay on the road for a long time. I do love to travel but after some time I need to go back and recover. 2 months was my record and at the end I really felt I just wanted to go back, might be because I wasn't travelling by myself, and travelling with a bunch of people can drive you crazy.

I've been thinking a lot in the capitalism x job x anarquism theme, and it's long conversation so let's skip this part. As you said, be able to do something and get education is essential. Being a pro pianist took you to many opportunities and well done for that. I wanted a job where I won't be stuck in the same office all the time. i studied Geography but I still have to find myself there, as I have many interest I don't know what to do. I'm currently thinking is starting a new degree but still have to think because would be more 4 years of studies.
carlafrac escreveu:Hi Frank, just to say that I've read all your posts and it is really inspiring. I'm currently in my second year off after university and living in that "cold and rainy" that you mentioned in one post. I think we always want to go to a totally different place from where we came from, right? Well, I lived all my life in a island in south Brazil, don't know if you heard about, it's called Florianópolis. So let's say that I've enjoyed a lot the beach environment.
I think that's pretty spot on about everyone wanting something different... I'm from a cold country, so to us the tropics and the Asian countries are exotic... But here in Thailand for example, people want to keep the air con running all the time if possible lol. The Thais like the cold so much that I usually tell people they should just sit in the fridge! Ever fight with a family member over the TV remote? Here it's a fight over the AC remote haha.

I may have mentioned this previously on this thread, but traveling as a pianist is actually harder than traveling with many other jobs (such as an English teacher, etc.) simply because there is a much higher demand for English teachers than there is for musicians... There are struggling artists everywhere, but qualified educators are often hard to come by. That said, I'm not a huge fan of formal education, I think there are faster and more efficient ways to educate yourself than sitting in a lecture hall for four years - but to their own! ;)

Thanks for stopping by and posting on the thread, enjoy your time in London!
Cheers,

~ Frank Florida ~
Hello FRANK, how are you?

can you tell us know how to request working holiday visa ?

Thank you.
CURSO DE PRONÚNCIA
Domine todos os sons do inglês com o nosso novo curso de pronúncia. O professor Adir Ferreira, referência no ensino de pronúncia, criou este curso especialmente para o English Experts. INICIAR AGORA
Lucas PAYNE escreveu:Hello FRANK, how are you?

can you tell us know how to request working holiday visa ?

Thank you.
Hey Lucas, doing good and yourself?

I've done two working holiday visas so far... one in Australia and one in Japan. The one in Australia was very easy... it took maybe 10 minutes! All I had to do was fill some forms online. The one for Japan was a bit more complicated, I had to send bank statements to the Japanese embassy, along with a letter of motivation and several other bureaucratic formalities, but it was still pretty easy. However, keep in mind that I'm not Brazilian... and the regulations may be a bit different from country to country.

To the best of my knowledge, Brazilians can currently do a working holiday in New Zealand... I would recommend to check with their embassy in Brasilia. You'll probably find a wealth of information on Google as well:
http://bit.ly/1ct2Gtp
If you can get a second passport, that will open a lot more doors... I know many of my Brazilian friends were able to get a French, Italian or Portuguese passport because their grand-parents had ties to the countries. With a passport from the European Union, you can choose from dozens of countries for a work experience abroad.

Hope that helps, let us know how it goes! ;)
~ Frank ~
Thanks a lot Frank, you're always so kind. :)
Hey guys,

I've been busy with one of my projects over the past couple of months, but I haven't stopped traveling and I'm still alive! ;) I left Thailand a little while ago to travel around Luzon and Cebu... Been having some problems with my camera, but I hope I can shoot some videos of Cebu and Bohol soon, really amazing places that you shouldn't miss out on if you get a chance to travel in Asia. Click the links for some pictures!

In the meantime, I decided to upload a little video of me playing the piano, since several people have been asking for one... This one was shot in Sydney, and it shows me playing Boogie. I'll try to upload a video of myself playing some Brazilian music as well soon! 8-)

Cheers guys,
~ Frank ~
Resposta movida para a primeira página. Parabéns Frank Florida!