Breed of crisis - Tradução em português

Hi everyone!

I was reading an article about IT the other day, but then I faced a sentence that I couldn't understand: "...because those rhetorical terms fit the narratives being put together by the latest breed of crisis journalists."

What does the word 'BREED' mean in this context? It means 'geração'?

Happy 2022!
G.

APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
PPAULO 6 48 1.2k
Eu prefiro a palavra "tipo/categoria/classe", could be generation (geração) in the sense of "naipe/espécie/(esse) genéro". Breed here is informal for "type of/group of...(people, journalists, lineup, etc).
But, yes it could be "geração" in this sense. Especially in this casse, where it specifies a kind of Breed (class/generation/type) what breed of Journalists? The breed of Crisis Journalists". There will be other breeds: breed of disruptive journalists/breed of journalists that value truth, etc. That is journalists taken in "sets" or "types"
Oi Paulo!
Então seria mais na forma pejorativa?

Grata
G
PPAULO 6 48 1.2k
In this specific case, yes.
Source
Ref. computerworld
Products the company has never announced are declared delayed, while rumored products might be described as being abandoned — not because they are delayed or abandoned, but because those rhetorical terms fit the narratives being put together by the latest breed of crisis journalists.
The very headline "what the media doesn't say about"... Suggest an exposé about press coverage being skewed against Apple. With that, pictures it in a bad light.

In most cases, the expression "crisis journalists" (or journalism) is used in derogatory ways, but it doesn't necessarily has to be (a journalist could take pride in his line of work).