Childhood x Infancy - Qual a diferença?

Avatar do usuário Junior Lucas 140 3
I would like to know if there's any difference between these words, I mean if there's any difference concerning the time of life to which those terms refer, because according to this page there's a difference, but I'm not enough confident in this link

Thank you in advance! See ya! :D
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 36510 4 32 643
Infant comes from Latin, and it meant something like: in - not fant-speaking. So, while the words ran togheter it (infant) meant "unable to speak'' (just make a search on Google with the keywords "infant" and "etimology".

You can see here too, if you are short of time. ... guation%29

"Infant" means that the child is in his early stages in life. In Brazilian Portuguese many times it can be used interchangeably as in: quando eu era criança/na minha infância. Yet, many times it would be wrong of misleading to do that. To illustrate the point, if you say "a taxa de mortalidade infantil" (infant mortality rate-IMR) you are accurate, sort of. Whereas, if you say "taxa de mortalidade de crianças" it could be children in the ages of twelve, ten, eight, etc. "Saúde/Mortalidade infantil" has to do with tender ages.

It seems like in English they have similar usage, but when talking about childhood in the sense of "infancy" they tend to say "at the tender age of..."etc, not to be misleading.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!