Como dizer "A milha zero é..." em inglês

Olá a todos, apesar de ter uma ideia de como se escreve esta frase gostaria de ouvir outras opiniões porque é para um projecto importante:

"A milha zero é toda a preparação física e mental para realmente pôr o pé na estrada e percorrer a primeira milha!"

Muito obrigado desde já :)

APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
6 49 1.3k
And other ways to think about this:
A milha zero é toda a preparação física e mental para realmente pôr o pé na estrada e percorrer a primeira milha!
The zero mile is all physical and mental preparation to really "hit the road" and then run/walk the first mile, the rest is easy.

The starting point is all all physical and mental preparation to get started and clock your first mile!

The kick-off is all preparation (mental and physical) to get your first mile, consider it a warm up, not the real thing. Since the first mile sucks, your body freaks out, your muscles are transitioning and you want to die (or give it up)!
But then, it (first mile) paves the way for the smooth, easy, strong miles to follow.
ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
6 26 454
Good afternoon, my friend.

You should read:
Cf.: (1) each-x-every-como-empregar-em-uma-frase-t4725.html
(2) http://englishlive.ef.com/pt-br/blog/pa ... h-e-every/
(3) http://www.coladaweb.com/ingles/all-eve ... uando-usar
(4) every-x-all-qual-e-a-diferenca-t19120.html

Depending on the context of your project, I believe you could say:

1) Mile zero is every / each physical and mental preparation to really hit the road and walk the first mile.

2) Mile zero is each physical and mental preparation to actually set foot on the road and cover the first mile. ("each" is used to enphasize someone's personal / private preparation; an example of self-preparation).

3) Mile zero is all the physical and mental preparation to really help someone to hit the road and give the first steps. ("all" refers to a set of preparations).

However:

MILE ZERO X ZERO MILE

I believe "zero" is a classical example of postpositive adjective.

Elsewhere, postpositive adjectives are used to provide emphasis or to lend a poetic or an academic flourish to a line of text. There are a few English nouns that tend to take postpositive adjectives more often than usual. Things and matters are probably the biggest ones — for example, matters unknown, things innumerable.

In the previous examples, I considered the term Mile zero as a name of the set of physical and mental preparations.

The term Zero mile(stone) could also be used, however it will denotate something different, like "the starting point of something".
It is a technical term, specially for topography.

I hope we have helped.

So long,

Ricardo.

REFERENCES:
(1) RODNEY, Huddleston, English Grammar: An Outline, CUP 1988.
(2) CINQUE, Guglielmo. The Syntax of Adjectives. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press. 2010.
Ricardo F. Bernardi escreveu:Good afternoon, my friend.

You should read:
Cf.: (1) each-x-every-como-empregar-em-uma-frase-t4725.html
(2) http://englishlive.ef.com/pt-br/blog/pa ... h-e-every/
(3) http://www.coladaweb.com/ingles/all-eve ... uando-usar
(4) every-x-all-qual-e-a-diferenca-t19120.html

Depending on the context of your project, I believe you could say:

1) Mile zero is every / each physical and mental preparation to really hit the road and walk the first mile.

2) Mile zero is each physical and mental preparation to actually set foot on the road and cover the first mile. ("each" is used to enphasize someone's personal / private preparation; an example of self-preparation).

3) Mile zero is all the physical and mental preparation to really help someone to hit the road and give the first steps. ("all" refers to a set of preparations).

However:

MILE ZERO X ZERO MILE

I believe "zero" is a classical example of postpositive adjective.

Elsewhere, postpositive adjectives are used to provide emphasis or to lend a poetic or an academic flourish to a line of text. There are a few English nouns that tend to take postpositive adjectives more often than usual. Things and matters are probably the biggest ones — for example, matters unknown, things innumerable.

In the previous examples, I considered the term Mile zero as a name of the set of physical and mental preparations.

The term Zero mile(stone) could also be used, however it will denotate something different, like "the starting point of something".
It is a technical term, specially for topography.

I hope we have helped.

So long,

Ricardo.

REFERENCES:
(1) RODNEY, Huddleston, English Grammar: An Outline, CUP 1988.
(2) CINQUE, Guglielmo. The Syntax of Adjectives. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press. 2010.
Muito Obrigado Ricardo!

Quanto ao contexto da frase refere-se ao ponto inicial de uma viagem por exemplo, neste caso concreto é sobre "backpacking" e o que quero dizer com a milha zero é que é tudo o que vem antes de realmente começar a viagem, ou seja a preparação.

De qualquer forma a resposta foi perfeita para o que eu queria!