Como dizer "a nossa saúde jamais é equilibrada" em inglês

Por exemplo: "com uma doença terminal, a nossa saúde jamais é equilibrada". A seguinte tradução: with (ou under) a terminal illness, our health is never balanced" estaria correta?

Thanks in advance!

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
7 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
A terminal disease would be one which is not responsive to curative treatment, it´s progressive and is likely to result in the patient dying. This could vary from days to many months.
There are patients that focus on living with a terminal disease instead of focusing on dying have a better quality of life, and so have their families/loved ones.
It is called progressive when it becomes clear that the patient (and/or his health) is in a progressive state of decline.

That said, I think that "with a terminal disease, our health/life is not the same as it was." would do.
It doesn´t mean, though, that one can´t live with a terminal condition in a more unworried and relaxed way.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/chanel-w ... dying_b_8476212.html
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Another one, "being terminally ill is never a smooth road for any of us, it brings challenges on a continuous basis".
Eu ainda acho que seria mais adequado fazer uma tradução mais literal (pelo menos se soar natural!) pois eu não tirei essa frase de um contexto isolado, mas sim de um artigo de onde essa frase é apenas um fragmento.

Penso que seria ok traduzir das maneiras que você você sugeriu PPaulo, caso fosse uma frase isolada.

Eu realmente desejo saber se "our health is never balanced" é uma tradução viável ou não.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I think they use "balanced health" when talking about long-term effects, about one´s lifestyle, exercise (or the lack of it), etc.
They would, more likely, to state that "your health will have side effect" (or you will live with side/adverse/negative effects"). Or that it will worsen your health, or you could say that one´s health never will be normal again (it can get episodes of getting better, though).

As for the sentence "with (or under) a terminal illness, our health is never balanced", I won´t say it´s wrong to say. What I would point out is that it´s not common (and perhaps not much natural). And if we would say that we mean lifestyle (hence a disruption of long-term effects), it would be obvious. Hence, unnecessary. It´s my thinking, though.
"I think they use "balanced health" when talking about long-term effects, about one´s lifestyle, exercise (or the lack of it), etc" Pensando bem, acho que a mesma coisa se aplica sobre "saúde equilibrada" no português, certo?

Pensei em usar "our health never recovers", mas nesse caso sinto que eu não estaria fazendo uma tradução que fosse o mais próxima possível do que o autor originalmente escreveu. Claro, eu não encontraria nenhum problema em traduzir assim caso tivesse sido escrito "a nossa saúde jamais se recupera".

Mas já que foi escrito "a nossa saúde jamais é equilibrada (por causa da doença)", então continuo pensando que a tradução deve ser o mais próximo possível. Se esse tipo de construção não é exatamente comum nem no português e nem no inglês (mas é compreensível, até onde vejo), seria então ok traduzir da maneira que eu proponho ao invés de fazer uma adaptação que desvie do que o autor escreveu?
INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
"your functioning in day-to-day activities seriously or very seriously limited" could be one option to express that. Or the condition "makes your health have a pattern fluctuation."
As you see, I am not giving an exact equivalent word-by-word translation, you could use some keywords like "limitations" (serious limitation or extreme limitation of your activities). Or you can think in terms of "fluctuations" in the pattern of health (or conversely of the disease).

Perhaps it´s an impression of mine, but it sounds like you are thinking on the basis of "chronic illnesses", for example.
A terser way to state that would be stating what you meant by the sentence is that "one´s health never will be the same (again)", in a way it only deteriorates, it´s progressive, etc. We are talking about terminal diseases after all.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/chanel-w ... 76212.html
Obrigado novamente pela ajuda, PPaulo. Acho que irei usar a construção: "our health never stabilizes". Essa me parece ser a melhor opção!