Como dizer "A troco de banana" em inglês

Simon Vasconcelos 11 225
For peanuts

I can't believe you did that! You've sold our piece of land for peanuts!

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
10 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Thomas 7 62 297
"Chicken feed" is another possibility.
Juliana Rios 24 105 397
Complementando:

"I got these jeans for dirt cheap today!"
"Comprei estes jeans a troco de banana hoje!"
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
What! he did sold it for a song?
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Sold it for peanuts.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
And in a pejorative/sneering way, it could be "sold for a thirthy pieces of silver/a handful pieces of silver/a few pieces of silver." It somehow conveys the idea of "betrayal" or some deemed "dirty complicity" with some wrongdoing for money. Obviously, it doesn´t worth it, by the tought of the author of the sentence.

This betrayal is taking place for a combination of unjustified geopolitical reasons and the 'thirty pieces of silver' in trading benefits that some Member States value so much.
source: Linguee

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nileg ... of-silver/

Last updated: September 6th, 2009

The Lockerbie bomber scandal: Gordon Brown has sold Britain’s reputation for thirty pieces of silver

Today’s Sunday papers are filled with new revelations surrounding the complicity of Gordon Brown’s administration in the decision to release Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi. The Sunday Telegraph reveals that the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) gave Libya a “sweetener” of ₤146,000 in aid for “reforms” in its prison system while talks were taking place between London and Tripoli over Megrahi’s fate, as well as British investment in Libya’s oil sector.
APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Another one for selling something very cheap is "selling it for pennies, e.g. a company". That is when somebody sell its stocks litterally for pennies, or by another definition by a price under $ 5. Anyway very cheap indeed.

This kind of expression you see in Grisham novels, for example. So, the ones with some law or/and corporate talking, sorta.
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
I should have read the entire thread before offering advice. :(
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Hey, Marcio. Don´t beat yourself up so hard for that.
This happens to me all the time, perhaps you have a brain quicker than your fingertips, or in the desire of helping others out you read the heading and rushed to make the reply. Believe me, it happens in the best of families/in the best regulated families! ;)
jorgeluiz 1 6 92
In a conversation I could say: That´s cheap, a real bargain !

Numa conversação eu poderia dizer: Isto está barato, uma verdadeira bagatela!

Greetings from Brazil
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Post relacionado:

como-dizer-mixaria-em-ingles-t21884.html

PP, yes, it sometimes happens.