Como dizer “Alternar bons e maus momentos” em inglês

1 31 435
- O Brasil volta a alternar bons e maus momentos num jogo.
- Um filme inconstante que alterna bons momentos com outros muito fracos.

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
1 2 23
Although I've never seen this term and am far from being fluent in Portuguese, judging from the context, it seems to me that the expression means something like "inconsistent" or "up and down".

Despite having an up and down season, the Cowboys made the playoffs.

The Cowboys lost the game due to their inconsistent play in the second half.

* I'm referring to the Dallas Cowboys and American football, a sport that teams actually score now and then :mrgreen:

The movie could have been better. Some parts of the film were very exciting, but other parts were really boring.

Again, I'm just taking a stab in the dark (guessing), but that's what it seems to mean to me. I'd wait for some other answers if I were you.
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
6 49 1.3k
In addition to Brasimericano´s post, I am going hazard some answers (other options).
His answer was already spot on.

Um filme inconstante que alterna bons momentos com outros muito fracos. [/i]

The film (here you also can put the name of it) is enjoyable but after a while it begins to wear you down. It´s when it gets drained of energy and dull.

I like the movie, up to a point, then it gets lifeless, the story drags on.

The film is sporadicadically funny but meandering, it lacks ambition.

=================
And other ways, I focused in the "movie'' itself [in a general way], but you could talk about a given character(s) from the cast, the story, the scenario, the script, etc.

I advise you to read the "rotten tomatoes" sites, to see reviewers in action.
The site is a site that have links to other sites of reviews, I think some of you will find it interesting.