Como dizer "amarrar as pontas" em inglês

Daniel.S 1 2 11
sugestão:

tie up loose ends

Ex: Have you finished the survey?" "Just about. I have to tie up some loose ends and print the report.

Ex: Removing her name from the mailing list was her way of tying up loose ends.

Por acaso me veio a mente a expressão "deixar algo bem amarrado" , não caberia aqui, caberia?

Deixar algo bem amarrado contém o sentido de não deixar brechas. Principalmente no mundo dos negócios, evitando futuras confusões. O que me dizem?

TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
pondedaniel escreveu:sugestão:

tie up loose ends

Ex: Have you finished the survey?" "Just about. I have to tie up some loose ends and print the report.

Ex: Removing her name from the mailing list was her way of tying up loose ends.

Por acaso me veio a mente a expressão "deixar algo bem amarrado" , não caberia aqui, caberia?

Deixar algo bem amarrado contém o sentido de não deixar brechas. Principalmente no mundo dos negócios, evitando futuras confusões. O que me dizem?

eu pensei em:
"aparar as arestas"

mas no primeiro exemplo dá mais uma idéia mesmo de revisão ou "arremate", aliás arremate combina com amarrar pontas, ne?

e no segundo, sim, de evitar imprevistos desagradáveis.

;)
Thomas 7 62 296
also... These have meanings that are close to "amarrar as pontas".

to nail things down (to get firm commitments)
to firm things up (to get firm commitments)
to put all someone's ducks in a row (to get things well organized)
to get things squared away (to get things well organized)

Before I leave, there are some loose ends (unresolved issues) about the project that I need to nail down.
I need to firm some things up before I move to the capital.
Before you start classes in Canada, you need to get your ducks in a row. Do you have a job waiting for you, a place to stay?
We cannot leave on vacation until we get the office squared away.