Como dizer "Anda pintando muitos quadros?" em inglês

"Anda pintando muitos quadros?"
Como dizer isto em inglês?

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
23 127 1.7k
Sugestão:

Have you been painting many pictures?

Bons estudos.
CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
Olá,

Eu tive uma dúvida semelhante, porém ao pesquisar na internet, alguns lugares dizem que "picture" é uma foto obtida pela câmera. E já "painting" fica claro o que é:

"a painted picture that you put on a wall for people to see" - Definição do Longman.

Será que a frase abaixo também poderia, por mais estranha que pareça??

Have you been painting many paintings?

Obrigado!!
6 49 1.3k
Have you been painting many paintings?
No, because 'painting' is a painted picture, that is "um quadro pintado" then "já pintado" (finished). The sentence of Donay is natural in English to make that question.
Obrigado Paulo, faz muito sentido!
6 49 1.3k
Thanks, I appreciate your feedback. Somehow English is an easy language to read and speak, but its nuances are less apparent, at least it seems to us that speak Portuguese.

But then we speak Portuguese, to them Portuguese might be such a nuanced thing as well, think of the Portuguese used in Rio, let´s think of a formula in Excel/Calc that has gone wrong, one could say "deu ruim" (na fórmula) or "babou" (a fórmula). It´s the regional nuance that escapes to many people that will come to Brazil, learn Portuguese and still be puzzled with that. In other regions people would say "algo está errado/deu errado" (na fórmula/no cálculo).
I am not saying that the speaker of Portuguese wouldn´t say that as well, but in Rio it is of so widespread use that sometimes the speaker will use it replacing commas, ha ha!
Expressions like "nunca vi mais gordo(a)" (it´s nothing about prejudice here, it just means I never saw him/her in my life!). It´s a bit like in New York, such coining of expressions and colloquial plus colourful speaking style!
Just saying! I am not complaining of anything.