Um guia para quem estuda Inglês Online
Flavia.lm escreveu:And also
1. To feel or realize beforehand; foresee: hadn't anticipated the crowds at the zoo.
2. To look forward to, especially with pleasure; expect: anticipated a pleasant hike in the country.
3. To deal with beforehand; act so as to mitigate, nullify, or prevent: anticipated the storm by boarding up the windows. See Synonyms at expect.
4. To cause to happen in advance; accelerate.
5. To use in advance, as income not yet available.
6. To pay (a debt) before it is due.
To think, speak, or write about a matter in advance.
Alguns exemplos (com antecipate):