Como dizer "aparelho ortodôntico" em inglês

Jerry Dorien 4 48
Hi pessoal,

Aparelho ortodôntico: brace

Braces are becoming fashionable of life for many peoples.(aparelhos ortodônticos estão virando moda na vida de muitas pessoas).

see you.

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
maryziller 1 2
JERRYDORIEN escreveu:Hi pessoal,

Aparelho ortodôntico: brace

Braces are becoming fashionable of life for many peoples.(aparelhos ortodônticos estão virando moda na vida de muitas pessoas).
Em vez de dizer "of life for many peoples", eu diria "in the lives of many people." People is uncountable, so it is a mistake to say peoples, unless you mean it as a synonym for tribes or groups as in this example: Africa’s indigenous peoples face neglect, discrimination, intimidation. From a UN report at: http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2006/hr4892.doc.htm
Jerry Dorien 4 48
Hi maryziller,

I’m very grateful to you for helping me.

abraços.
timphillips 11
Hi folks

A cultural difference.
When I came to Brazil in the eighties, a brace in England was frowned on. It was ugly and nobody wanted to use one. IN Brazil it was a status symbol and everyone wanted to go to the dentist and have one fitted.
I am not sure what people in England (and Brazil) think these days

Tim :D
Hi,

I'm a Brazilian, nowadays we think the braces is an accessory like a glasses, just a needed stuff what the user try do the appearance as more comfortable as possible. And isn't a ugly thing, it's actually common.