Como dizer "Barbacuá de erva de chimarrão" em inglês

woehl 1
O que é barbacuá? R.: Armação feita de taquaras para fumegar as folhas verdes da erva mate no intuito de secá-las. [Google]

Pessoal imaginem que tem um repórter americano no Rio Grande do Sul e ele precisa dizer:

- Então aqui temos o barbacuá do Seu João onde ele produz erva pra chimarrão, bebida típica desta região.

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
1 resposta
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Então aqui temos o barbacuá do Seu João onde ele produz erva pra chimarrão, bebida típica desta região.

Meet Mr. Joao and his natural (and crude) elevated raised bed where he dries the Yerba Mate leaves (erva mate). After that, then it will be the raw material to produce chimarrão, a Brazilian drink from the region.

And other ways.
= = = = = = = = = = = = =
Aside notes:
-I preffered "Yerba Mate" because in the States, Spanish is more widespread than Portuguese.

-I wasn´t acquainted with the word barbacuá (nor carijo -for that matter), but then from the picture
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0IxmQU8XeY0/U ... C04076.JPG
I take it that it´s that "elevated platform" we call "girau" in the Northeast region, that one used to grow vegetables, tomatoes etc...

-It could be more succint, but I considered that we are talking about a reporter, so certainly not someone economical with words, hee hee. :D

-In America and the UK the raised beds might be "raised" a bit above ground level, so I used the "elevated" to add that sense of "platform" above the ground. There they buy specially made woods and kits to that, hence my "crude" on the explanation, but not to sound impolite, I would left out the "crude" part. It´s there just for explanation´s sake.

-Thanks for teaching me a new word from the South region, I like it!

http://michaelis.uol.com.br/moderno/ing ... 65383.html
Girau/jirau meaning.