Como dizer "Boca do mato" em inglês

Como dizer "boca do mato" em inglês?

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Point of entry to the woods.
In Brazil there´s a city with the name "Boca do Mato", places like Boca do Mato, Carne de Vaca, Combinado, Anta Gorda, Entrepelado, Passa e Fica, Dois Vizinhos, Sério, Paudalho, Ressaquinha, Não-me-toque. Cities names aren´t normally translated, including the mentioned above.
In the same vein, in the United States there is a city named Brazil, so we don´t translate it to Brasil. So, speaking to a friend of that city I could state that I live in Brazil but never went to Brazil.
There is also a county/town in the UK named Reading, we won´t translate it into 'leitura". :-)
Thanks for the answer, PPaulo, but the "boca do mato" I'm talking about is not the name of a town, it's how the "caipiras" call a place where you find a sudden surge of heavy bushes, the very entrance, maybe, of a big rain forest. I'm trying to find a poetical way of translating this into English.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Point of entry into the woods (or woods entry point, or also "entrance to the woods" if you wish). But let's wait for more comments, other members may know a more poetical expression or word for it.

Once the meadow has been traversed, then you enter the woods. The next photo shows the point of entry into the woods.
Ref. 2small2bbig.blogspot