Como dizer "Cofrinho (de dinheiro)" em inglês

JacksonB 3
Quem nunca teve um cofrinho?
Quem nunca pensou em ter um?
Quem nunca teve um amigo que tinha? :P

Enfim, ter um cofrinho é uma das melhores maneiras de guardar/economizar dinheiro.

Em inglês encontramos os banks

Penny bank | Money box

Save Key Bank
E
Os Piggy Banks

My First Piggy Bank

Hope you enjoy it, start saving money... BUY A PIGGY BANK! ;)

Source: Youtube + Wikipedia

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Thomas 7 62 296
A "money box" is not for saving money; it's for keeping money safe when you do not have a cash register or safe. Someone at a "camelo", for example, might use a money box (also called a "cash box"). Although a pig is the traditional shape or form of a piggy bank, I've heard people refer to a jar of coins as their piggy bank.
JacksonB 3
Oh, Thank you Thomas for this interesting piece of information.

Wikipedia confused me, I guess...

"Piggy bank (sometimes penny bank or money box) is the traditional name of a coin accumulation and storage receptacle; it is most often, but not exclusively, used by children. "
Wikipedia

Oh, Wikipedia does mention something similar to that..

"In Middle English, "pygg" referred to a type of clay used for making various household objects such as jars. People often saved money in kitchen pots and jars made of pygg, called "pygg jars". By the 18th century, the spelling of "pygg" had changed and the term "pygg jar" had evolved to "pig bank." [3] Once the meaning had transferred from the substance to the shape, piggy banks began to be made from other substances, including glass, plaster, and plastic."
Wikipedia