Como dizer “Comer por uma perna” em inglês

1 31 435
A manutenção do caminhão usado come o dono por uma perna.
Nosso faturamento (venda) é bom, mas os impostos comem a gente por uma perna.

Sugar (o lucro); dar prejuízo.

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
7 62 296
to nickel and dime someone to death

nickel = 5 cent coin
dime = 10 cent coin

The idea is that something causes a lot of small expenses that when combined cost a lot of money.

I had a 1987 Suzuki Samurai that nickel and dimed me to death. (Note how the noun "dime" became the verb "to dime").
I had a 1987 Suzuki Samurai that was constantly costing me money, making me pay one repair bill after another.

The computer my parents gave me is nickeling and diming me to death. If I am not buying a new mouse, I am buying a new monitor. If it is not the modem, it is the keyboard. It is the most expensive present anyone ever gave me.

A similar expression is "to eat someone alive".

The repair bills on the FIAT are eating me alive. $50 here, $100 there. There seems to be no end to the expenses.
APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
1 3
Ou tb, "Death by a thousand cuts."