Como dizer "Conciliar (família, carreira, etc)" em inglês

Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Português: conseguir fazer bem e ao mesmo tempo
Inglês: combine

Exemplos:
  1. It's not so easy to combine family and work.
  2. They "don't know if they are capable of leading a group [or] if they will be able to combine family and career, says Sharon -- who had two children before she finished her Ph.D.
  3. Moreover, the lack of infrastructure for child care makes it very hard to combine family and work for lone immigrant mothers as they do not have enough time off.
  4. But will stop soon as it is to hard to combine family and work life.
  5. It was difficult to combine a professional life with a family. For one thing, the children were primarily her responsibility. She explained.

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
8 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Carls 2 78
Another tip:
to reconcile = conciliar
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
conciliar carreira e família
balance work and family

Balancing family and work is a challenge for contemporary. American families. ... who feel they aren't very successful in balancing family and work is highest ...
Daniel Reis 2 16
to reconcile, pode ser usado para os exemplos abaixo ?

You can reconcile your studies with work ?

e, pode ser usado também no sentido de se reconciliar com alguém ?

Ex: I intend to reconcile with my EX girlfirend?

Valeus
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
If you argue with your girlfriend, pretty much so. It has such a ring to it.

=================
"Balance" has a certain neutral sense (okay, not always, but sometimes):
Moms talk about what helps them maintain the delicate work/family balance.

"Balance" can have also the meaning of "juggling", this one is usually used in the sense of something "that involves with several different things at the same time." (as per Cambridge Dict. definition)
I would say, two or more, or even several things. But then; okay, fine for me...

http://www.theimperfectmum.com.au/quest ... kstudykids
I'd love some tips on juggling study, part time work, household and family. Im starting work and study in January and I need to get some systems in place as I'm ordinarily very unorganized!
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Opção:

It's not easy to combine work and studies.
You can combine work and studies.

* Não usaria "reconcile" neste caso.

Bons estudos.
MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
You could speak something like that: "I think I'll not be able to arrange my career with my studies, maybe I'll have to choose between each other".

Obs: I'm not sure about the use of "each other" in this case but the meaning of "to arrange" I think you will catch.

I hope you enjoy!!
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I would say...

"I am afraid I won´t be able to juggle my career and my studies, maybe I'll have to choose one or the other". (or...between them.)

I am afraid, meaning that it´s downing on you that you might have to choose between career and studies.
"Arrange" wouldn´t be my choice of words.
Breckenfeld 3 15 131
Another suggestion:

He is always doing a balancing act between (his) family and (his) career.

Bye!