Como dizer "Crescer na vida" em inglês

É correto dizer a seguinte frase?

I think that to travel to learn another language is important to grow in my life.

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Leonardo96 19 293
It's fine, but I would remove "my" and make it "grow in life" instead. An alternative to that sentence would be: I think that traveling to learn another language is important for personal growth (this one sounds better if you ask me).
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Other ways, circumstance-wise though.:
I think that traveling to learn another language is important as a means of advancing you in the world.

I think that traveling to learn another language is important as a means of advancing one´s career.

I think that traveling to learn another language is important as a means of advancing you professionally.

This led me to an interesting paper by Von Daniel Spichtinger - The Spread of English and its appropriation, August 2000. The University of Vienna. There he goes:
". In the next sentence the materialistic advances that a knowledge of English brings are made clear: "whatever your job, your chances in life will be better, if you speak English".

The paper is interesting because it presents a study of such claims, some fallacies and point of views and perspectives of scholars, linguists, book writers, etc. And that of himself.

It´s worth pointing then, there are thousands of Speakers of English worldwide that are poor, in need; contrary to what many think (that English is a money-making thing and a guarantee in life, there´s no guarantee in life indeed).
Same applies to what French was (lingua franca), and now we can see many countries in which the population speaks French and is undeveloped, to say the least.
So, it´s not about language, but about your attitude, your seizing of opportunities, your emotional intelligence (building and maintaining your network, making friends, communication skills and all that jazz...)
It´s not about the English, French, German, Russian, Spanish or any language, but about the learner himself/herself, the events in their lives are the products of their choices. Languages are tools, like money or any other tools they could help or hurt, depending on what you do with them.
On the bright side, your mind expands when you learn a language, any language. And somehow it may widen your searches, shrink the world, and you can see other´s people perspectives. And have fun in the process.
Just some food for thought here.

Ah, and "crescer na vida" in another context could be "...(to) do well in life." It´s just that, to my thinking, the above expressions would be more suitable for your question (now).