Como dizer "dar baixa" em inglês

Olá pessoal,

Eu estou procurando um termo formal e informal para a expressão "dar baixa" ou "data de baixa", o google tradutor não me ajudou em nada dessa vez =( segue a frase.

Hoje eu dei baixa em todas as faturas do mês passado.
ou
Qual a data de baixa do pedido 123?

Por ser um termo técnico acabou sendo difícil encontrar seu respectivo em inglês.

Desde já obrigado.

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
14 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
7 62 296
What was your rank when you retired from the Army?
(...quando se aposentou - Not this is ONLY used if the serviceman is given a pension.)

What was your rank when you were dismissed from the Army?
(I have never heard this expression. "To be discharged" is commonly used to mean "to leave the army after satisfactory completion of the terms of enlistment". "To receive a dishonorable discharge" or "to be dishonorably discharged" means that there was a legal/criminal problem during the enlistment. Such a discharge often prevents the recipient from obtaining preferred employment and possibly scholarships, loans, etc. as a civilian.)

What was your rank when you were decommissioned from the Army?
(Not used. Ships are decommissioned, but not men. On the other hand, ships and men can be commissioned. When a ship is commissioned, it is given a name and becomes an official part of the inventory of ships. When a man is commissioned, he is commissioned as an officer.)

I would suggest:
What was your rank at the time of your discharge from the Army?
What was your rank at the time you left the Army?
What was your rank at the time when you pulled the pin? (Slang used by personnel in the military, police, etc.)

Note that "to discharge" is also used in reference to hospital patients.
I expect to be discharged from the hospital tomorrow morning and be home by early afternoon.
TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
23 127 1.7k
Rômulo,

O pessoal do SK sugere o uso de "write off".

Bem-vindo ao fórum!
Olá Donay. E no sentido MILITAR, como dizer algo do tipo:
"Qual era a sua patente quando você DEU BAIXA do exército?"
6 49 1.3k
One way, among others:
What was your rank when/at the time you left the army?
1 3 96
Olá. Mais opções.

Hoje eu dei baixa em todas as faturas do mês passado. => Today I cleared/settled all the bills ...

Eu entendo que "dar baixa", no sentido militar, é "sair" do exército, né?

Há várias formas, a depender de como você saiu (voluntário ou compulsório), por exemplo:

What was your rank when you retired from the Army?
What was your rank when you were dismissed from the Army?
What was your rank when you were decommissioned from the Army?

:)
CURSO DE PRONÚNCIA
Domine todos os sons do inglês com o nosso novo curso de pronúncia. O professor Adir Ferreira, referência no ensino de pronúncia, criou este curso especialmente para o English Experts. INICIAR AGORA
Thanks, PPAULO!
I've been digging further into it, and found the term "to be/get discharged from", which reminded me I had actually seen it more than once in war movies. It all came right back to me.
Thanks again :D
6 49 1.3k
See? you are "getting there", glad that you are making good use of interactivity and multimodality in your learning. Movies are very good at leaving imagery and expressions "printed/stored" in our minds, that can be retrieved when we least expect it (as in your case). I´m glad that it helped you, it´s a rewarding experience indeed.
6 49 1.3k
Thank you guy, for the insightful comment.
1 3 96
Gostei dos comentários do Thomas! Mas me sinto na obrigação de fazer umas observações, visto que uma das regras da postagem é não chutar respostas e o Thomas "me corrigir" (na melhor das intenções do mundo, eu sei!) faz parecer que não pesquisei. :(

Vamos lá. Todas as minhas respostas tiveram em mente a seguinte premissa: Pedir baixa é pedir desligamento ou ocorrer desligamento, no sentido de que a baixa foi dada.

1) Você pode pedir o desligamento para efeitos de aposentadoria, se quiser, após cumprir o mínimo de anos (e de idade) que o estatuto militar exige - e receberá aposentadoria (pension). Se você mesmo pedir, você pediu a baixa. Se você foi aposentado compulsoriamente aos 70, foi dada a baixa. Aposentadoria nos dois casos.

=> ... Your rank when you retired from ... ? => seu ranking quando você se aposentou do ...? (ou seja, pediu ou foi dada a baixa).

2) O termo "dismissed", embora eu não goste que se traduza como "baixa", mas sim como "dispensado", é usado em linguagem escrita. Quando pesquisei no google para colocar a resposta aqui, fiquei tranquilo com a opção, já que "dismissed" seria um desligamento da mesma forma. No google há mais de 300 mil "entries" confirmando o uso no contexto militar.

=> ... Your rank when you were dismissed from the Army? => seu ranking quando você foi dispensado do ...? (quando foi dada a sua baixa do exército)

3) O termo "decommissioned" eu vi em uma biografia, mas ao digitarmos "was decommissioned from the army" veremos milhares de exemplos. E com pessoas! Acredito que o termo foi apropriado num contexto de máquina => humano, mas não seria aceito pela norma, como disse nosso amigo acima.

Exemplo de um livro online:

"It was in discussion with Cynthia that he decided that he should leave the Army and find a civilian job. In 1949, he was decommissioned from the Army with the rank of captain and joined..." => "... Em 1949, ele foi retirado do exército (deram a baixa/houve desligamento) com o ranking de capitão ... ".

Link: https://books.google.com.br/books?id=Q6 ... 22&f=false

Peço desculpas por qualquer coisa, postei pra que saibam que pesquiso antes de responder e porque, apesar de ser mega-novo aqui, sigo as regras. Amo a língua inglesa e fóruns como este, onde aprendemos todos os dias. Feel free to make any comments. :geek:

Abraço.
Thank you so much for the thorough review, Thomas! Awesome!
Interesting that the military use "to pull the pin" whereas in a romantic couple situation, "to pull the plug" is used... haha
CURSO DE PRONÚNCIA
Domine todos os sons do inglês com o nosso novo curso de pronúncia. O professor Adir Ferreira, referência no ensino de pronúncia, criou este curso especialmente para o English Experts. INICIAR AGORA
6 49 1.3k
Don´t sweat the small thing, Marcelo. We all strive for learning (and somewhat for perfection at some degree) and sharing knowledge with others.
We can see that you did your homework and your best and is eager to help, so that is what counts. ;)
Be aware that we appreciate your participating and your answers will welcome.
As for Thomas, he is an asset, a maestro, we learn a lot from his insightful and usually accurate, being a native (what is good to us, since he offer an American view of things) he is direct and concise, many times someone can take it for bluntness, it is not.
Having lived in Brazil (and in other countries where Spanish is spoken), Thomas knows a lot of our culture and a great deal of our language, so his answers are dependable and we only have to gain from his experience (not to mention that he has years in Brazilian English Forums, before this one).
That doesn´t mean that you shouldn´t deal with the answers of any Expert with a pinch of salt, everyone makes mistakes, and sometimes we can be slightly misled by some cultural aspect, for example. When you think something is amiss, please let us know, ask, do something about it.
As for the answer given by Thomas, I am convinced that it was an insightful and really good one. I (or others) would mention if I (someone else) found something worth noticing or polishing (Portuguese-and-translation-wise).
So, chill out buddy, don´t sweat the small stuff. And congrats on your colaborating attitude and positive inspiration towards English learning, we can see that you take the learning English seriously, that´s good (I mean, in a good sense). Count on us. ;)
Se o "dar baixa" é no sentido de ser paga no sistema. Ex. A fatura foi baixada ontem. Você pode dizer: the invoice was marked as paid yesterday.

O termo writte off tem o sentido de baixada por perda.
Pessoal, eu percebi que houve umas duas respostas sobre a verdadeira pergunta que era dar baixa em faturas...
Preciso de ajudo nisso também, em toda internet (pelo menos por dias estou procurando) não achei esse termo, estou fazendo a tradução de um software para o inglês e preciso saber essa expressão, como usam? Nos E.U.A é realmente falado "dar baixa na fatura"? Tenho palavras sozinhas para traduzir com o sentido de dar baixa nos titulos.

Ex. Dar baixa, Baixa, Baixa parcial, etc...

Please, I need this help, I really need it.
6 49 1.3k
I think "enter the information of the item into the system", or enter the information of the status (of an item/order, etc) would do.

Then the status could be, expired, delivered, etc. When the information is entered by a worker/clerk the status will be changed (as part of the process, by clicking on a button for example). The information entered could also mean an updating as well, since changing the status from, say "undelivered" or "in transit" to "delivered" it will mean a kind of update.