Como dizer "Dar graças a Deus por ter chegado..." em inglês

Simon Vasconcelos 11 221
Você não tem motivos para estar triste. Você tem que dar graças a Deus por ter chegado a essa idade e com saúde. Por isso, temos que comemorar.

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Thomas 7 62 296
You have no reason to be sad. (There is no reason for you to be sad.) You have to thank God for having reached your age in good health. (You should praise God for having reached your current age in good health.) Therefore, we must celebrate. (For that reason, we must celebrate.)

I put between parenthesis a more colloquial version of the text.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
A bit unrelated to the question, but when I first saw the heading of the topic "Dar graças a Deus por ter chegado...", the first imagery that crossed my mind was that of a driver in certain Brazilian roads.

I thought some like "You should be/feel relieved for getting here safely. (With all that potholes, sleepy drivers on the road, animals crossing the road at short notice...)

You are lucky to be here, one could drive himself mad with all those worries...

You should definitely be giving thanks for getting here safely (and in one piece).

You should be grateful and relieved for getting here.

Just kidding around... :D