Como dizer "Depois de um tempo..." em inglês

Como dizer "Depois de um tempo..." em inglês
Esta frase está correta?

After a while the game began to be played on a place divided by a rope and the first rackets started to be used.

Depois de um tempo o jogo começou a ser jogado em um lugar dividido por uma corda e as primeiras raquetes começaram a ser usadas.

Estou falando sobre tênis.

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Não vejo nada de errado na frase.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Neither do I.

It´s not grammatically wrong, but to say it in general, I would change it a little bit.

After a while the game began to be played in places (*courts) divided by a rope and the first rackets started to be used.

*Courts because I already know that you mean tennis courts.
Daniel Reis 2 16
Olá pessoal,

Podemos usar ''afterwards'' para dizer ''pouco tempo depois, depois de um tempo'' ?

Ex: he suffered a heart attack and died afterwards.

Ou seria melhor usar ''shortly/soon after'' ?

Valeus
No Google digitei sua frase e ela só apareceu duas vezes.

Tentei essa:

He suffered a heart attack and died soon/shortly thereafter.

e encontrei algumas.

Mas aguardemos outras pra ver como fica.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Daniel, "afterwards" could be after a while, soon after, or from ten months from the time of the attack on.

By using "afterwards" in this stance you might suggest that it happened "depois" but one would associate that it was because of that attack, so would´t associate it with the time but with the cause of the death.

Marcio sentence is very good, and if you want it even more tragic/dramatic, you can say "He had a heart attack and died on spot!"