Como dizer "Desenho animado" em inglês

Olá, eu gostaria de saber como dizer as seguintes palavras em inglês:

Desenho animado:
Meu filho adora assistir desenhos animados.

Doce (substantivo):
Você não pode comer doces

Bala (comestível):
A bala é meu doce preferido.

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Thomas 7 62 296
Meu filho adora assistir desenhos animados.
My son loves to watch animated cartoons/features.

Doce (substantivo):
Você não pode comer doces
You cannot eat candies.
You cannot eat candy.

Bala (comestível):
A bala é meu doce preferido.
Hard candy is my favorite kind.

Animated cartoon = It is usually short and funny. This is what kids watch on TV.
Animated feature = It compares in length to a standard movie. The new "TIN TIN" is an animated feature.

Candy/candies = Both forms of the noun are acceptable.
Some people call candy "sweets", but even cakes are called sweets.

"Hard candy" is a term used for many kinds of candy. You will also hear "drops", a term used to describe candy that is round and hard.
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Complemento:

Cartoon => desenho que assistem na TV de curta duração.
Animated movie => desenho feito para os cinemas.
Thomas 7 62 296
Donay, not really. Cartoons are also shown in cinemas. It used to be common to see them, now it is quite rare. My favorite cartoon (that I would see at a cinema) was "Roadrunner", but there were many others.

As a cartoon is not necessarily animated. In newspapers newspapers it is common to see a solitary cartoon with a joke, a political statement, etc. If there are several cartoons together (let's say four or five) that tell a very short story, they are called "comic strips" or simply "comics". "The funny papers" is the section of some Sunday newspapers that is dedicated to "comics".
The word 'feature' does not appear in Oxford Dictionary, in this sense. I believe that for desenho animado the best option would be 'animated cartoon'. In fact I'll use it in a translation, and can't use just 'cartoon' because the word cartoon (in italics) also appears in the text. So I'll keep cartoon as cartoon (removing the italics) and use animated cartoon for 'desenho animado'.