Como dizer "dificuldade financeira" em inglês

Mackvader 14
Como diria: Dificuldade financeira da empresa em Inglês?

Abs,

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Breckenfeld 3 15 131
My sugggestions are

The financial problems (difficulties) of the company

and depending on the context : The company is strapped for cash.

But let's wait for the pro's to step forward!

Bye!
Mackvader 14
Olá breckenfeld,

O contexto seria: A empresa está passando por dificuldades financeiras e por essa razão teve que demitir boa parte de seus funcionários.

Muito obrigado pela sugestão.

Abs,
Alessandro 3 13 98
Complementando...

Para dizer que alguém está com dificuldade financeira usamos a expressão "make ends meet". Alguém que ganha para pagar as contas e só.

Exemplos:
  • To make ends meet, I have had to make some moral compromises.
  • In order to make ends meet he started his auto detail business.
  • To make ends meet, he sold cars.
Hi there Mackvader,

One alternative suggestion you might like to consider is "to be in dire straits". The expression "To be in dire straits" (not the band, let me make this clear lol) refers to a very difficult situation, especially a financial one:

Example 1: After the war the country's economy was in dire straits.

Example 2: The firm is now in dire financial straits and will have to cut costs by dismissing most of its employees.

Notice that in all the examples above "dire" carries the meaning of something "extremely serious or terrible".

Examples: The situation lookes dire./ The country is in dire need of food aid./ The dire consequences of breaching the rules.

Cheers :
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Para dizer "dificuldade financeira" em inglês, sugiro: money problems.
  • He is having money problems.
  • Ele está tendo dificuldades financeiras.
  • The company is having money problems and the economic crisis is making it harder to get loans.
  • A empresa está passando por dificuldades financeiras e a crise econômica está tornando difícil conseguir empréstimos.
Bons estudos.