Como dizer "dominar" em inglês

Hi folks!

How can I say ' dominar' in English? Ter pleno domíno em uma determinada coisa.

Ex: Ela domina o inglês ( infatizando que ela realmente sabe muito)

Vc tem que dominar o conteúdo

Thanks in advance

Best wishes ^^

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
9 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
well , I guess you could use the word MASTER, but in this case it's a verb
EX:
She masters the english
or
She masters english

I'm not sure if the article is necessary or not .....
let's wait for some help :D
Quem sabe " She is an English expert?" ^^

Hello guys!

I DO appreciate your assistance, but I'm in doubt about the second statement...

Thanks, anyway!! ^^

See you
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Olá Cacau,

Minha sugestão:

She has a good command of English.(Ela domina bem o inglês.)

You have to master this subject.(Você tem que dominar o conteúdo.)

Boa sorte!
Dicas:

Você pode dizer:

She has a command of English.(Ela domina o inglês.)

She has a good command of English.(Ela domina bem o inglês.)

She has a poor command of English.(Ela domina mal o inglês.)

Bons estudos!
ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
Henrique:
The article is not used in this case, because "English" is a proper noun. Thus, "She masters English" is grammatically correct.

In practice, the present perfect ("She has mastered English.") is more likely for this sentence. With the simple present ("masters") it is not clear whether she has actually mastered the language or is only still attempting to do so. This is because of the meaning of the word "masters", which speaks of something that you haven't really done until you've finished it. If you change the verb to something that can be done a little at a time, then the simple present makes more sense. "She studies English in her spare time."

If you use "English" as an adjective, then the need for the article would be determined by the noun that it is modifying, e.g., "She has mastered the English language" does use an article, because "language" is a common noun, and the definite article is the best choice because there really is only one English language. If you were speaking about something there's more than one of, you might use the indefinite article: "She mastered an English dialect while visiting family in Jamaica, and she started on another while studying abroad in Australia."

But when the noun is proper (i.e., something that would always be capitalized, like "English") you don't use the article.

Philipe:
Yes, "She is an English expert" is also correct and is another way to say essentially the same thing. You could also say "She is an expert in English" or "She is an expert at English." (The choice of "in" versus "at" here is a matter of preference and will vary from one native speaker to another.)

Donay:
Yours are correct as well.
Thank you guys! You were brilliant!

See ya

Merry Xmas!^^
jonadab thanks for answearing my doubt :D
Hello Jonadab,

Thank you so much for your help,

Merry Christmas,