Como dizer "Em casa de enforcado não se fala..." em inglês

Simon Vasconcelos 11 221
Em casa de enforcado não se fala em corda, diz FHC sobre crise

Ex-presidente evita falar sobre Senado, mas diz que, no entanto,como todo brasileiro 'está um tanto perplexo'
O ex-presidente Fernando Henrique Cardoso evitou a todo custo comentar a crise política do Senado, ao chegar nesta terça-feira, 7, ao Congresso, onde participa de sessão em homenagem aos 15 anos do Plano Real. "Em casa de enforcado não se fala em corda" afirmou ao ser perguntado sobre o assunto. estadao.com.br

TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Zumstein 1 31 435
Never mention rope in the house of a man who has been hanged.

Proverbial saying.
Meaning that one should avoid subjects likely to be personally sensitive.

Oxford
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Hmm, looks like we agree, he he.
Déjà vu for me. LOL

http://www.sk.com.br/forum/display_mess ... e_id=98123
Zumstein 1 31 435
PPAULO
Faça o que eu mando, não faça o que eu faço.
- Do as I say, not as I do.
- Do as the friar says, not as he does.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I was just saying that I crossed that bridge before, I had seen the topic elsewhere and it was an education to me. ;)
To me, what matter is that we learn English in the process. So my comment wasn´t out of jealousy or some other feeling, not at all. I am glad that the expression continues in vogue and it´s useful to the English learner. Me included :lol:
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I myself bring things from other sources, sites, etc all the time, and encourage others to do whenever they need or as it happens, when people get at loss for a word or expression, that´s why we are here for, to share knowledge in contrast to the opportunistic commerce of education, just for the sake of profit in itself.