Como dizer "Estatuto da Igualdade Racial" em inglês

Donay Mendonça 22 106 1.6k
Português: Estatuto da Igualdade Racial
Inglês: Racial Equality Statute

Exemplos:
  1. The Racial Quota Law and the Racial Equality Statute would create a sweeping system of racial preferences in universities, the civil service and the private sector. An initial quota of 20% (rising later to nearly 50%) of senior civil-service jobs and vacancies at federal universities are to be set aside for those of “African” ancestry. The doors would also be opened to the poor, to Indians and, under a separate statute, to the physically handicapped. If all this became law, Brazil's complex collage could become a portrait in black and white.
  2. Brazil approves racial equality law, but “much yet to do”. Brazilian President Luis Inacio Lula da Silva signed the "Statute of Racial Equality".

TESTE DE NÍVEL Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
2 respostas
timphillips 10
Donay
I think "racial equality law" is much more common than "racial equality statute"
(I googled it and got over 5 million for "law" against 250,000 for "statute")
Tim
Donay Mendonça 22 106 1.6k
Tim,

Yes, it is more common but I believe that maintaining the word "statute" is important here, as it has a broader meaning than "law". In Brazil, "statute" shows our society that it isn't just another law but an extremely important achievement and hopefully a permanent change.

All the best,