Como dizer "estava trocando de camisa" em inglês

Por exemplo: Eu estava trocando de camisa quando ela chegou...a parte "estava trocando" é desnecessário o uso do TO?

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
(Just) when I was changing my shirt/T-shirt she arrived.
PPAULO escreveu:(Just) when I was changing my shirt/T-shirt she arrived.
Paulo,

Tem alguma outra forma de construção dessa frase com o When no meio dela, ou fica errado?

Tipo

I was changing my t-shirt when she arrived.

Abraço
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Seems okay to me, your sentence is fine, I mean.
The position of When sometimes can be shifted, I think it´s a case in point.
But I am not going to be definite on that one, some teacher or more advanced learner can improve the comment further.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Anyway, many people could think otherwise, and sometimes the message conveyed may or may not change:

When I was driving she called.
I was in the middle of a trip and she made me a favour, she called someone else, at my request. BUT, it could be that when I was in the middle of the trip, she called me...
Fifty-fifty percent possibility here, I would say.

I was driving when she called.
I was driving when she called me OR I was driving and she made me a favour...but what someone would think at first, would be of the first possibility.

When I was listening to music she called. (in the middle of the activity of listening to music, she called? It could be.)
I was listening to music when she called.
The focus seems like in her calling me, by sheer coincidence I was listening to music. I could be doing the laundry, cooking, etc. The main event is that she called.