Como dizer "Estou muito triste" em inglês

Como dizer em inglês " estou muito triste,pois você foi embora e não me deu thau"

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
6 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Dica:

I'm really down because you left without saying goodbye.

''I'm really down because the suitable jobs here (I'm in Edinburgh) are few and far between.'' [careers.guardian.co.uk]
Simon Vasconcelos 11 225
I'm very sad...

I'm very upset...
Thomas 7 62 297
"Down" is slang. It was often used to mean depressed as well as sad. I think it has lost much of its popularity. ("Bummed" was once popular too.)

"Are you down?" or "Are you down for that?" means "Are you in agreement? Do you want to do that? Would you like that?"

You are getting me down. (You are making me sad/depressed.)
If you want to go to New York for the weekend, I'd be down for that. (I would like to go.)
.............................................................................................
"Upset" is not sad. It refers to an agitated state along the lines of "preocupado", "com raiva" or "afito".

When I told her I had found a new girlfriend, she got upset and hit me with a book.
(Angry, not sad.)
Thomas escreveu:"Down" is slang. It was often used to mean depressed as well as sad. I think it has lost much of its popularity. ("Bummed" was once popular too.)

.............................................................................................
"Upset" is not sad. It refers to an agitated state along the lines of "preocupado", "com raiva" or "afito".

When I told her I had found a new girlfriend, she got upset and hit me with a book.
(Angry, not sad.)

I think that using 'down' as to mean sad is related to the portuguese language itself. You see, it's not unusual (double negatives ftw) for us to hear "tou meio down, hoje". I'd like to think this has something to do with Beatles' "I'm down" song.

I'll often translate 'upset' as 'chateado'.

but how about 'feeling blue', is it still used?
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
A meu ver, sim. "Feeling blue" ainda é usado.

She usually calls her mother when she's feeling blue. - Macmillan
He'd been feeling blue all week. - Oxford
CURSO DE PRONÚNCIA
Domine todos os sons do inglês com o nosso novo curso de pronúncia. O professor Adir Ferreira, referência no ensino de pronúncia, criou este curso especialmente para o English Experts. INICIAR AGORA
I'm really sad because you was gone without give me a goodbye.