Como dizer "Estreia, estrear" em inglês

Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Aprenda a dizer estreia e estrear em inglês. Leia este artigo e fique por dentro do assunto. Amplie o seu conhecimento no idioma.

Estreia: Debut
Estrear: Debut
  • Johannesburg’s Ellis Park Stadium will see five-time winners Brazil debut in the 2010 World Cup when they play Korea DPR on the 15th of June at 8.30pm. [Australian News]
  • O Estádio Ellis Park de Johannesburgo irá ver o Brasil pentacampeão estrear na Copa do Mundo de 2010 quando enfrentam a Coréia no dia 15 de Junho às 8:30 da noite.
  • Football fans from all corners of China travelled to South Korea to watch their team's debut in the World Cup. [News.bbc.co.uk]
  • Torcedores dos quatro cantos da China viajaram para a Coréia Do Sul para assistir a estreia de seu time na Copa do Mundo.
Bons estudos.

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
9 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Gabi 1 1 19
Olá Donay, obrigada pela dica!
Gostaria de perguntar se debut é uma palavra usada para estréia de filmes e peças de teatro.
Valeu ! ;)
Ravenna 3
Hmm, adicionando mais uma dúvida: Quando se diz que vai estreiar alguma coisa, tipo, roupa, sapato, algum objeto, qual a melhor forma? ^^ t.i.a.
Dicas:

Para estreia de filmes e peças de teatro, sugiro "premiere" (substantivo, verbo).

''I'm still so nervous," she told me at the movie's premiere at Radio City Music Hall. [Sex and the City 2 Premiere]
''Eu ainda estou tão nervosa'', ela me disse na estreia do filme no Radio City Music Hall.

The play premiered in Prague's Historic National Theatre.
A peça estreou no Teatro Histórico Nacional de Praga.

Estrear roupas, sapatos, etc: Wear clothes, shoes, etc for the first time.

She is going to wear her blue dress for the first time.
Ela vai estrear o vestido azul.

Bons estudos.
Ravenna 3
Ah Donay, como sempre, valeu pelas ótimas respostas^^
Hi there,

I was trying to find "estrear" in the sense of wearing something for the first time or anything else like - sleeping on a new matress, using a gadget for the first time. It means there is no expression to replace our "estrear"? It's just to use it /wear it for the first time??
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
Sophia,
It means there is no expression to replace our "estrear"? It's just to use it /wear it for the first time?
I've never seen one. I've always used "wear xx for the first time".
Zumstein 1 31 435
Prof Donay,
E como seria "Pré-estreia e reestreia"?

Poderia ser relaunch (reestreia) - A subsequent launch.
Ex.:
The idea is to take Kaka on loan, with most of the salary paid by the club he belongs to. It could be an excellent solution for the "relaunch" of the player. (totalfootballmadness)

Press showing, preview (pré-estreia) - An advance showing of a film...
Ex.:
There will be a "press showing" of La Légende de Shalimar today in Paris.
If this "preview" is any indication, the answer's a resounding yes!
Para dizer estrear bem e estrear mal em inglês - no contexto esportivo - não se usa debut well nem debut badly/poorly. Infelizmente, estas opções não funcionam em inglês. Você deve utilizar as seguintes expressões:
  • Get off to a good start: estrear bem
  • Get off to a bad start: estrear mal
  • Get off to a poor start: estrear mal
  • Make a good showing in your first game: estrear bem
  • Make a bad/poor showing in your first game: estrear mal
Exemplos de uso:

The team got off to a good start. [O time estreou bem.]
Our team got off to a poor start. [Nosso time estreou mal.]

Exemplos de uso de publicações internacionais:

Playing at MIT, the team got off to a good start on Friday by defeating Johns Hopkins by a score of 7-2. [Web.stanford.edu - USA]
My team got off to a poor start, losing 4 players in the first round. [Nbadraft.net - USA]
Kuehlman has confidence that his team will make a good showing in its first game. [Coloradohistoricnewspapers.org - USA]
Unfortunately, the team made a bad showing in its first game of the season. [Wordreference]

Bons estudos.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
"come out" means "debut" as well.

She sure does, my sister and I really liked her when she first came out we used to have her posters all over, she is amazing live!
(A fan of Avril Lavigne commenting in a Forum, meaning "I really liked when she debuted/appeared...")