Como dizer "eu te achei legal" em inglês

Queria saber como dizer "Eu te achei legal"
eu pensei em I've thought you cool
mas acho que estou errado :oops:
me corrijam por favor.

obrigadíssimo

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
It's right buddy.
maryziller 1 2
lamperouge escreveu:Queria saber como dizer "Eu te achei legal"
eu pensei em I've thought you cool
mas acho que estou errado :oops:
me corrijam por favor.

obrigadíssimo
You're cool (or nice or great or wonderful) is the most general way to express praise or a positive comment on someone's personality.

I think you're nice/cool/wonderful/etc. using the present tense is the most general way to express a current opinion when you translate the verb 'achar,' (to think).

It sounds strange to say," I've thought" when you mean "eu achei." "I've thought" sounds like you had that opinion in the past sometime, but does not say how you feel now.

You can say, I've always thought you were a nice person. That covers a period of time, not just the present moment you make the statement.

I have noticed a similar thing with the verb 'gostar.'

Brazilians will say "Gostei."(using the PAST tense) when they mean they liked something that they just did or ate.
A foreign girl tries pão de queijo for the first time:
Q.Gostou? A.Gostei.
Americans would say it like this: (using the PRESENT tense)
Q. How do you like it/Do you like it?
A. I like it/Yes, it's really good/ I like it a lot.

Cool post, by the way. I liked it. (Note that when I use the past tense, it means that I am finished thinking about it and am ready to move on to something else in my thoughts).

Cool post, by the way. I really like it. (That leaves the door open for further thought, talk about the post, keeps it current in my thoughts).

So, cool post! I really like it!