Como dizer “Ficar prensada entre dois carros” em inglês

1 31 435
Em Português: Ficar prensada
Em Inglês ......: Be sandwiched

Be jammed in between two things.

Ex.:
Ladra fica prensada entre dois carros.
Thief gets (was) sandwiched in between two cars.

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
6 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
3 18 190
danipecorari escreveu:There's no usage of "in between" whatsoever? Because I am certain I've heard it several times. Is that wrong?

For example, "I am in between jobs". That is how it is usually said, is it gramatically wrong or is it possible to choose whether to use "in" or not?
Yes, you're right. It's common, such as in your example, particularly with the verb TO BE. But if you don't use it you get the same meaning. Both versions are quite common. I should have clarified that I was thinking of verbs such as "jammed," "caught," etc., that already suggest being "in" or "into" something. It's not grammar; it's usage.
INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
3 18 190
A footnote. When we use 'between' in the sentence, we don't need 'in':

Be jammed between two things
Thief gets sandwiched between...

Here it's useful:
We were jammed in traffic.
We were caught in traffic.

And here we need nothing else:
The engine jammed.
1 2 23
só FYI, em vez de "jammed", nós usamos "stuck, trapped ou caught" com mais frequência.

I missed my flight because I got stuck in traffic.

After 5 days, Aaron Ralston amputated his own arm that had become trapped between a boulder and the canyon wall.

The baseball player got caught between the first baseman and the shortstop while trying to steal 2nd base.
There's no usage of "in between" whatsoever? Because I am certain I've heard it several times. Is that wrong?

For example, "I am in between jobs". That is how it is usually said, is it gramatically wrong or is it possible to choose whether to use "in" or not?
Dany, I think you are talking about the adjective or the noun "in-between" meaning " intermediário".
CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
24 105 397
Also, "pinned between".

"Woman killed after being pinned between van and car in Birmingham".

"Man killed when pinned between two cranes in Grand Forks".