Como dizer "Fritar/detonar instrumento musical" em inglês

Quando um músico toca muito é muito virtuoso existe uma expressão estar fritando a guitarra,instrumento musical em geral.

EX:
Joe Satriani está fritando a guitarra.
Joe Satriani fritando os dedos na guitarra.
Joe Satriani detonando/arrebentando no solo de guitarra.

Neil Peart detonando na bateria.
Neil Peart fritando no solo de bateria.
Neil Peart detona/arrebenta na bateria.

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
4 12 30
Hey, Vitor,

Here are a couple of options, the second one a little more vulgar than the first. The idea is that they are playing amazingly well and with great energy and emotion.

NON VULGAR (we'll use Neil for this):

Neil Peart detonando na bateria. = NP rocking the drums.
Neil Peart fritando no solo de bateria. = NP rocking the drum solo.
Neil Peart detona/arrebenta na bateria. = NP rocks the drums.

VULGAR (Satriani can handle it):

Joe Satriani está fritando a guitarra. = JS is playing the sh*t out of the guitar. / JS is shredding that guitar.
Joe Satriani fritando os dedos na guitarra. = JS (is) shredding the sh*t out of his fingers on the guitar.
Joe Satriani detonando/arrebentando no solo de guitarra. = JS playing the sh*t out of that guitar solo. / JS is soloing the sh*t out of that song.

Please forgive me my vulgarity in the name of English language learning!
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
11 221
He's stealing the show with the guitar.
jlcashill

Cara eu tava pensando se eu poderia usar o verbo "to rock".
Sem problemas quando es está aprendendo uma língua devemos aprender tudo linguagem formal, informal e gírias a pessoa que está estudando deve saber a hora o local e com quais pessoas ela vai falar formal e informalmente,certo?
É a mesmo coisa para quem está aprendendo o português fique a vontade de perguntar qualquer coisa seja ela gíria,palavrão e expressões idiomáticas,você não pode ficar boiando na língua portuguesa.
Mais uma duvida sobre o verbo "to solo" qual é o certo a conjugação dele na terceira pessoa do to be (he,she,it) no presente?
Ví em alguns sites como He/She/It solos e outros como He/she/it soloes,então qual é a maneira mais natural é "he solos" ou "he soloes"?

Muito obrigado pela sua resposta informal e formal.
6 49 1.3k
This time you are forgiven, hee hee. By the way, it´s almost impossible not read some novel in English and not find some manner of non-PC language, they just can´t help it. I have noticed this long ago, reading Grisham, Michael Crichton, Sideny Sheldon, Robin Cook to name a few.
And one shouldn´t read Stieg Larson, if don´t want to get stupefied with the number of words prone to be in the Urban Dictionary, not to mention the imageries... definitely not a reading to the faint of heart!
Anyway, thanks jlcashill, for answering in a more "soft/polite" way.
4 12 30
Vitor,

I just checked the Oxford English and American Heritage dictionaries, and as I expected, the Brits spell the third person singular (he, she, it) with an "e": soloes

The Yanks spell it without the "e": solos

So you are free to choose. It's going to sound the same no matter which spelling you use. So I guess it would depend on your audience.

The past simple does have an "e", though, in both dictionaries: soloed
And the "-ing" form is spelled: soloing

Thanks, PPaulo!

I know! The classics in particular are full of foul language. Sometimes it works, but it can sometimes be a little too much for my taste.

Cheers!