Como dizer "Fruto do trabalho" em inglês

Hi,

Como poderia traduzir: Fruto de medição geodésica feita por alunos da faculdade.
Relacionado a uma pesquisa feita pelos alunos. Fruto do trabalho deles.

Tks a lot!

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
6 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
The Longman dictionary translates "ser fruto de algo" = "to be the result of something"

So, your sentence could be:

"That was the result of the geodesic measure made by the college students."

Hope this helps ;)
Henry Cunha 3 18 190
Provavelmente "measurements" no lugar de "measure." Pode se singular, "measurement", se foi realmente só uma observação.

measure=medida
measurement=medição

Regards
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Olá Butterfly,

Podemos dizer 'The fruit(s) of something'= 'Frutos de algo' no sentido de 'bons resultados obtidos com dedicação, esforço'. Um equivalente comum para 'Fruto do meu, seu, etc trabalho' é 'The fruit(s) of my, your, etc labor'.

Fruto do trabalho deles: The fruit(s) of their labour

Bons estudos!
maryziller 1 2
Yes, you can say the fruit of your labor, but be careful saying fruits of for anything else.

It would not be considered normal usage to say the fruit of the experiment/measurement.

Examples from the internet:
The fruit of the Spirit are (sic.) the qualities of character God grows inside of you.
Fruit of the Loom.
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Mary,

Yes, I totally agree with you.'Fruit(s) of' refers to the 'good results of'. I'd say that 'Result of' as Tiago suggested would be a more general way of saying "frutos(s) de".

Regards,
MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
I believe the full expression is:

Reaping the fruits of his labour.... (meaning collecting the fruits)

a complementary expression would be:

Sowing the seeds (planting the seeds)

Example:

The scientific team was working hard on their theory, they were sowing the seeds for future developments in finding a cure for bird-flu. Scientific discovery takes time, it will take many years before they are able to reap the fruits of their labour.