Como dizer "Inocente até que se prove o contrário" em Inglês

JacksonB 2
"Inocente até que se prove o contrário."

Would be...

"The presumption of innocence, sometimes referred by the Latin Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat (the principle that one is considered >>> innocent until proven guilty <<<) is a legal right of the accused in a criminal trial, recognised in many nations."
Source: Wikipedia

See ya.

TESTE DE NÍVEL Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
8 respostas
Flavia.lm 1 10 96
Gostei da pergunta, Jackson.

Isso é chamado de "Presumption of Innocence" e tem um artigo na Wikipedia a respeito.
"This is often expressed in the phrase innocent until proven guilty coined by the English lawyer Sir William Garrow (1760–1840).[14] Garrow insisted that accusers be robustly tested in court."

exemplo:

Zimbabwe
Every person who is charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed to be innocent until he is proved or has pleaded guilty; (s. (18) (3) (a) Constitution)

Mas Flávia, é 'proved' ou 'proven'?
No Google aparece mais com "d", mas meu dicionário diz que ambas as formas são aceitas como particípio do verbo prove.
dlr
sure, 'proven' and 'proved' both exist, but in this specific phrase it's always 'proven'
Flavia.lm 1 10 96
Flavia.lm escreveu:
Mas Flávia, é 'proved' ou 'proven'?
No Google aparece mais com "d", mas meu dicionário diz que ambas as formas são aceitas como particípio do verbo prove.
Corrigindo: apenas 436 ocorrências com 'd', e 450.000 com 'n', corroborando com o que disse o colega dlr.
JacksonB 2
Obrigado pelos complementos! =D

See ya.
dlr
Flavia.lm escreveu:Corrigindo: apenas 436 ocorrências com 'd', e 450.000 com 'n', corroborando com o que disse o colega dlr.
I've noticed, on plenty occasions, that google shows a large number of results, but after you advance a few pages the number changes (and it often gets tiny). I don't know why it does this, but I always go to page 30 or so to see if it changes by then, and if it doesn't then it's usually an accurate number of results.
Flavia.lm 1 10 96
dlr escreveu:
Flavia.lm escreveu:Corrigindo: apenas 436 ocorrências com 'd', e 450.000 com 'n', corroborando com o que disse o colega dlr.
I've noticed, on plenty occasions, that google shows a large number of results, but after you advance a few pages the number changes (and it often gets tiny). I don't know why it does this, but I always go to page 30 or so to see if it changes by then, and if it doesn't then it's usually an accurate number of results.
I also noticed that and I have been doing the same.
Adriano Japan 2 20
Complementando:

Be acquitted on all charges of... = ser absolvido de todas as acusações de...
Andy155 2
Sometimes you have to click through a much higher number of pages in order to see the actual number of hits for a given keyword. I suspect the number of results displayed on the first page is never the actual number of results returned by a search. When drawing comparisons between the frequency of two expressions, you can use Google Fight, which is a much more accurate result counter.