In the Japanese school that our teenage daughter
attended in 2011 there were rules about the type of bicycle
helmet that had to be worn. Not that you had to meet a
specification. No. Instead, you had to buy the exact
product specified -- meaning that the few kids riding bikes
wore 1950's style helmets that looked like a balloon
perched on the kids' heads. Zero fashion and limited
functionality -- no wonder most kids either elected to walk
to school or had their parents drive them in.

APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Complementos:

a. Drive
b. Take somebody by car

He drove me to the station.
Ele me levou até a estação de carro.

''Somebody there fishing kindly took them by car to the next town to get something to eat.”
"Alguém que estava lá pescando, gentilmente levou eles de carro até a próxima cidade para comer alguma coisa.''
Só uma dúvida, esse "drive" pode ser usado pra qualquer tipo de veículo, ou somente pra carro?

igual por exemplo, toda segunda levo minha irmã até o curso dela, só que levo ela de moto.

Seria correto dizer?: I drive her every monday to her course.
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Penso que você, eu e tantos outros poderíamos dizer: "I'll motorcycle her every Monday to her course"
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Dicas:
Só uma dúvida, esse "drive" pode ser usado pra qualquer tipo de veículo, ou somente pra carro?

igual por exemplo, toda segunda levo minha irmã até o curso dela, só que levo ela de moto.

Seria correto dizer?: I drive her every monday to her course.

Drive -> carro, caminhão, ônibus.

Levar de moto em inglês: ride, take somebody somewhere by motorcycle.

''I take my sister to her English school by motorcycle.''
Thomas 7 62 297
To drive someone is used, not doubt about it. However, it is much more common to hear to take someone.

To drive someone is used for cars, trucks, etc. I do not recall hearing it used in conjucnction with a a motorcycle.

I take Mary to her job on my motorcycle.

BTW, bike is very common slang for motorcycle. Yes, bike can mean bicycle, so you must pay close attention to the context.

Cycle is not current slang for motorcycle. And cycle is not pronounced las in motorcycle. The letter Y is pronounced as in sick, sickle, pickle, etc.