Como dizer "Luz de advertência no painel do carro" em inglês

Zumstein 1 29 405
Idiot light

Slang - A light on the instrument panel of a motor vehicle that gives forewarning, as of an overheated engine. (thefreedictionary)

Anúncio Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor e verifique como está o seu nível de inglês. Perder o medo de se comunicar é o primeiro passo para a fluência. Cadastre-se na Cambly e experimente o método sem compromisso.

Iniciar Conversação
4 respostas
PPAULO 6 47 1.1k
They call them this because when some of them light up you have a trouble (usually mechanical or eletrical), the car is already damaged. Not all them do that, though, once it happened to me.
I was driving for a week or something with that light coming when I was nearly or beyond 80 km, the car somehow lost potency but she would go anyway.
Until I went to the garage and the auto technician got the fuel lines out and got them into the cleaning machine. After that, the light never came on again.
If it weren´t for the idiot light, I would certainly know it had a problem, but a bit later.

https://www.opgi.com/blog/index.php/che ... art-lights
PPAULO 6 47 1.1k
Little corrections:
when I was nearly or beyong 80 km/h..
the car somehow would lose potency (or...every time I got nearly or beyond she lost potency...)

Too bad that we don´t have an "idiot light" to when we make such silly mistakes, he hee. :lol:
Zumstein 1 29 405
PPaulo,
Eu gostei de lembrar... cars, trains, ships are often referred to as she.

Thanks!
PPAULO 6 47 1.1k
Ha ha, glad that you did. Some posts behind you cold learn that they are now using it to doors...LOL.
English never ceases to wonder! ain´t it beautiful?

traducao-de-they-d-shown-up-at-the-door ... t7904.html
Ainda precisa de ajuda? Confira algumas opções:
  1. Clique no botão "Responder" (abaixo) e faça sua pergunta sobre este assunto;
  2. Faça uma nova pergunta;
  3. Converse grátis com um professor nativo por 15 minutos: Saiba como!