Como dizer "Maravilhado" em inglês

Exemplo:

O Papa está maravilhado com o povo brasileiro de ser simples e alegre, forte e persistente, convivendo-se com várias religiões no seu meio... Raro de se ver em países autoritários...

Maravilhado = espantoso num sentido de surpresa por estar vendo ou ouvindo uma coisa pela primeira vez e que gostou.

TIA!

See you!

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
6 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
6 26 454
Hey there again, BISCOLA.

You might want to do a research in this forum and try to present your sentence in English too.
I believe it will help you in your studies.
It is just a tip anyway! :)
_

RELATED TOPICS:

(1) Astonished x Flabbergasted x Amazed
(2) Como dizer "estar encantado com algo ou alguém", em inglês?
(3) Amazing x Awesome x Incredible.
_

to wonder at something
>> maravilhar-se com algo, admirar algo.
_

Examples:

O Papa está maravilhado com o povo brasileiro de ser simples e alegre, forte e persistente, pois convivem com várias religiões no seu meio; algo raro de se ver em países autoritários.

>> (a) The Pope is delighted with the Brazilian people to be simple and cheerful, strong and persistent, as they coexist with several religions; something rare to see in authoritarian countries.

>> (b) The Pope is delighted at the Brazilian people to be simple and cheerful, strong and persistent, as they coexist with several religions; something hardly ever seen in authoritarian countries.

>> (c) The Pope wonders at the Brazilian people to be simple, cheerful, strong and persistent, as they coexist with different religions; something hardly ever seen in authoritarian countries. [formal]
_

(a) O Papa na Hora do Angelus: permitam-se regozijar e maravilhar-se.

(b) O Papa durante o Angelus: não vos deixeis de ficar emocionado e maravilhados.

>> The Pope at Angelus: allow yourselves to be moved and amazed.

Note: As a sign of respect to the religions, and also as a grammar rule, we capitalize the letter h in Portuguese.
CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
16 60 498
Hi Melissa!

Minha sugestão seria "amazed", muito comum na lingua e que refere àquela surpresa boa.
Existem mais opções, mas foi a me veio à mente, right!

See You.
Thank you for all amazed answers!

Besides of that I am delighted with this song and clip by 47Soul - another Arab band that I love so much in addition of Le Trio Joubran - and it's essential you listen them:
Ref. youtu

Cya! ; )
6 49 1.3k
For variety´s sake: astounded.

It is an invitation to enter the creative process, to give the eyes and ears a feast and to be astounded by beauty.
Source: Linguee´s making reference to the site tempsdimages-portugal.com
Can I use "stunned"? Or is it used in a bad sense?
POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
6 49 1.3k
Stunned is associated with negative feelings, more often than not.

There is a meaning of stunned that is something that 'nudged' somebody into action: prompted, kick-started, incited, fired up, etc; a more dynamic event. But not in the sense of amazed, astounded, etc., that is more static in kind (I mean, which emphasizes more the consequence at the moment).

You can see more definitions of stunned in the site Wordhippo.