Como dizer "Na raça" em inglês

Como dizer "Na raça" em inglês
Como dizer fazer alguma coisa na raça em inglês, por exemplo, aprendi isso na raça?

Thank you in advance!

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Definição de na raça: com disposição, com brio, com energia, usando a força e o entusiasmo. (Aulete)

Para dizer fazer alguma coisa na raça em inglês, recomendo:

Put a lot of effort into doing something

Exemplos de uso:
  • I put a lot of effort into learning it. [Eu aprendi isso na raça.]
  • We put a lot of effort into winning. [Nós vencemos na raça.]
Bons estudos.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I could stick to a dictionary entry/definition, but I think you would like something more elaborated (or then I am a bit of a babbler today...) he hee.

I learned English against all odds , I learned from my teachers, and despite them, because I had to navigate between what they shared to me.
That is, sometimes they got it right (pronounce for instance) and sometimes unfortunately they didn´t, anyway I dig it deeper and here I am, I learned wonders. Of course, I am grateful for what they passed on to me, and also happy for my willingness to learn the language.

I have learned English the hard way, for most of the time it was a self-taught thing. It took a lot of (self) motivation and willingness to find proper English and input. But where´s there a will there´s a way!

To learn English, I had to get out of my comfort zone, I had to work hard on it, sometimes I had to find a way forward, it doesn´t matter how difficult or how challenging it would be!

I learned English without any help (or without much help), it wasn´t effortless but the effort paid off/the effort has paid off.

And other ways.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
And also; in Portuguese, there are other related ways to say that: "à força/à forceps/na marra", etc...
With blood sweat and tears