Como dizer "Na sorte" em inglês

Como dizer Na sorte em inglês?

Por favor, traduzir as frases abaixo.

Ele venceu a corrida na sorte.
Eles acharam a chave na sorte.

Na sorte = porque tem/teve sorte.

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
8 respostas
Ordenar por: Votos
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
To the second sentence it could be "by a blind strike of luck they found the key."
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Recomendo:

I. By sheer luck
  • He won the race by sheer luck. [Ele venceu a corrida na sorte.]
  • They found the key by sheer luck. [Eles acharam a chave na sorte.]
II. To be lucky to
  • He was lucky to win the race. [Ele venceu a corrida na sorte.]
  • They were lucky to find the key. [Eles acharam a chave na sorte.]
Bons estudos.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Thanks for noticing. Ha ha ha, sometimes my typing moves faster than my brain, or otherwise. :-)
Leonardo96 19 293
PPAULO escreveu: 13 Jan 2021, 12:18 Somehow by sheer luck, since the other guy broke the car hitting the curb, something unthinkable at the time to an experienced pilot, but it happens. I read the story, "foi pura sorte" in the sense the guy hit the curb, on the other side (I didn't know that) the leading guy was under pressure by Carl Andrews, but then again "it was sheer luck" that he didn't know the guy (Ambrose) well so he thought he would screw up.
In his own words:
“I had never heard of him — he’s unreal, ” said Edwards, who shook Ranger’s hand in the interview room after the race. “The first time I got by him I thought ‘I never heard of him, he’ll screw up.’ I didn’t know that he’s a driving machine. It took all my talent to get by him.” Source: Reddeeradvocate webpage.
The letter -"s" - was a typo, please rearrange the letters. :-)
Oh oh, now it makes sense.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Somehow by sheer luck, since the other guy broke the car hitting the curb, something unthinkable at the time to an experienced pilot, but it happens. I read the story, "foi pura sorte" in the sense the guy hit the curb, on the other side (I didn't know that) the leading guy was under pressure by Carl Andrews, but then again "it was sheer luck" that he didn't know the guy (Ambrose) well so he thought he would screw up.
In his own words:
“I had never heard of him — he’s unreal, ” said Edwards, who shook Ranger’s hand in the interview room after the race. “The first time I got by him I thought ‘I never heard of him, he’ll screw up.’ I didn’t know that he’s a driving machine. It took all my talent to get by him.” Source: Reddeeradvocate webpage.
The letter "s" - got in the wrong place, please rearrange the letters. :-)
CURSO DE PRONÚNCIA
Domine todos os sons do inglês com o nosso novo curso de pronúncia. O professor Adir Ferreira, referência no ensino de pronúncia, criou este curso especialmente para o English Experts. INICIAR AGORA
Leonardo96 19 293
PPAULO escreveu: 13 Jan 2021, 11:10 A CBS-Canada item on August 30, 2009 about a NASCAR race:
Fortune smiled on Carl Edwards on the final lap of the NAPA Auto Parts 200 in Montreal on Sunday.
So, luck really smiled on him: think, he was running second, on the final lap, when Marcos Ambrose (the winner to be) hit a curb on the final turn.
Another way to put it would be that he won sby heer luck.
Sby heer luck?
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
A CBS-Canada item on August 30, 2009 about a NASCAR race:
Fortune smiled on Carl Edwards on the final lap of the NAPA Auto Parts 200 in Montreal on Sunday.
So, luck really smiled on him: think, he was running second, on the final lap, when Marcos Ambrose (the winner to be) hit a curb on the final turn.
Another way to put it would be that he won sby heer luck.
Leonardo96 19 293
He won the race out of luck.
They found the key out of luck.