Como dizer "nome social" em inglês

Queridos,

A pergunta não é tão trivial quanto parece. Nas pesquisas que fiz, não encontrei em inglês um equivalente a "nome social" (utilizado para representar indivíduos que não desejam ser identificados pelo nome de nascença, como no caso de travestis, transgêneros, etc.). A mera tradução literal "social name" parece não funcionar. Seria então "nickname" ou haveria algum termo específico?

Obrigado,

Marcelo

APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Hi there Todaro,

According to your definition, I think the best word would be: Nickname or fantasy name. Follow the meaning of nickname on the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary:

"An informal, often humorous, name for a person that is connected with their real name, their personality or appearance, or with something they have done"

I hope I've helped!
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I learned that Akon real name is Alione Badara Thiam.
Akons real name is Alioune Badara Thiam, Akon is just his acting/stage name.
Doris Day, is the assumed name (pseudonyms) of the actress/singer; real name - Doris Mary Ann Von Kappelhoff. The story of her name is a bit long, but interesting. You might want to read about it, so I leave the link:
Ref. books.google.com

It's interesting the word pseudonym itself (aka pen name), an alternative (pseudo/false) name.
While at it, orthonym - the real name of someone or something, opposite to a pseudonym. Generally we say "real name".