Como dizer "Nós quem, cara-pálida?" em inglês

Zumstein 1 31 435
Frase usada ironicamente para indicar que não está envolvido no problema apresentando.

What you mean... we?

From a joke... the joke:
Zorro and Tonto are watching a horde of Indians bear down on them in full battle fury.
Zorro - Looks like we’re in trouble, Tonto!
Tonto - What you mean we, Paleface?

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Zumstein, will we say "What you mean we?" with the reticences included?
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Perhaps it was used just to show that there are more than a way to skin that cat, Marcio.
Because there is also the what you mean by "we," paleface?
The expression
nós quem, cara pálida"
has a great deal of its meaning based on a linguistic fact that in Tupi (a native south American common language root) there are two different pronouns for "we":
1. We1 = you and I
2. We2 = they and I (not you)

So the expression also means " when you say 'we' do you include 'you'! ?" (that would be the most neutral and kind of innocent interpretation) or it can be used to say something like " when you say 'we', leave me out of it" (a more witty interpretation, that is widely used today).
This suggests an hypothesis of the origin of this idiom in a (possible) commentary on the "humanist discourse" by colonizers (generalizing european mores to mean universal human mores) was perceived and commented in Portuguese by native individuals in that way, before becoming an idiom used for anything the speaker wants to be excluded or excused out of.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
My thinking is that such sentence is said after someone else having rhetorically used a "we" sentence (to persuade others to willingly do something, or at least agree with what was said), in other words, to manufacture consenting
Then the listener perceiving the maneuver let him know that he has a misgiving about the way the matter is presented. He doesn't agree just for the sake of agreeing.