Esse antigo ditado é algo da sabedoria popular que diz respeito a não conquistar um/a mulher/homem em um ambiente em que você o/a vê diariamente como o local de trabalho por exemplo
1) Don't go fishing off the company pier.
2) Don't get your honey where you make your money.
3) Don't dip your pen in the company ink.
4) Don't sh*t where you eat (vulgar)
1) Joe: Did you see that new billing clerk? I am so going to ask her out.
Max: Dude, don't go fishing off the company pier.
2) Man: "I'm going to ask my new secretary out."
Friend: "Don't get your honey where you get your money."
3) Employee1: I can't believe our boss slept with her. He was demoted once everyone found out about it.
Employee2: The moral of the story is: "Don't dip your pen in the company ink, it causes nothing but trouble".
4) I told him, "Don't sh*t where you eat." But he still insisted on having an affair with his secretary, and now the scandal is ruining both his personal and professional life.