Como dizer "Passar a noite em claro" em inglês

Is there something similar to that?Could it be something like:"Spend the whole night awake."Well,maybe there's a better way to refer to it.

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
12 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
JacksonB 3
EnglishExperts has answered tons of questions already, It's worth looking for things up sometimes. =)

passar-a-noite-em-branco-t8579.html

See ya.
I know an expression for this: "To burn midnight oil". For example:
"I was burning midnight oil the whole week". It's an old expression, when someone had to spend night awake, they had to burn oil lanterns to illuminate the room. That's why we usually say "To burn midnight oil"
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Spend the whole night awake
Sim, esta é uma das opções para se dizer "passar a noite em claro" em inglês. Esta expressão me passa a ideia de que você na verdade não estava muito a fim de dormir.

''It was the purest illumination -- the British expressed their joy through whistles and clapping. Like most people, I spent the whole night awake.'' [The washingtonpost.com - USA]
Como eu digo ficar virado no sentido de não dormir a noite tipo ficar na farra ou estar resolvendo um problema.
Passar a noite em claro para mim é mais não conseguir dormir a noite já ficar virado é mais mesmo ou estar na farra ou resolver problemas.

EX:
Cara! eu passei a noite toda na farra e eu tão virado até agora.
Eu tô virado passei a noite toda com meu filho no hospital e eu fiquei sem dormir a noite toda.
Trabalhar virado é ruim demais você passa o dia todo com sono.
Juliana Rios 24 105 397
Vitor, uma expressão comum (e informal) utilizada para se referir a noites passadas em claro, a fim de se resolver um problema, estudar, trabalhar ou cumprir um prazo é all-nighter.

To pull an all-nighter = Passar a noite em claro (estudando/trabalhando/etc.)

"I pulled an all nighter to finish the assignment on time".

"If you expect your team to pull an all-nighter to meet a deadline, you must burn the midnight oil right along with them".

"I'll have to pull an all-nighter to get that paper done before it's due".

"...an all-nighter at the hospital..."
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
Juliana Rios muito bom mas não existe uma expressão para passar a noite toda na farra/gandaia?
Vítor,
Acho que você poderia usar o verbo "to party".
to have fun eating and drinking, dancing etc with other people
We've been partying all night.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Agreed, Rakell.
I mean, with your answer being right. Not that we´ve been partying all night, ha ha ha.

Just kidding around, I just couldn´t help it. :oops:
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
BTW, Bruno. You can say "(to be)/stay up all the night" for "passar a noite em claro", regardless the reason that kept you up.

I wanna stay up all night (vou passar a noite em claro)
And jump around until we see the sun
I wanna stay up all night
And find a girl and tell her she's the one

Katy Perry's on replay, she's on replay
DJ got the floor to shake, the floor to shake
People going all the way, yeah all the way
I'm still wide awake

[EVERYONE:]
Up all night
Like this, all night, hey
Up all night
Like this, all night, hey
Up all night

One Direction - Up All Night Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Juliana Rios 24 105 397
PPAULO escreveu:Agreed, Rakell.
I mean, with your answer being right. Not that we´ve been partying all night, ha ha ha.

Just kidding around, I just couldn´t help it. :oops:
Lol Paulo. You crack me up. :lol:

Also: "To be up all night".

"You look like you've been hit by a truck".
"I know. I was up all night".

P.s.: We posted at the same time.
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Yep, or we are "trigger-happy" or great minds think alike! eh?
jorgeluiz 1 6 92
I choose UP ALL NIGHT. we can say too: SIT UP ALL NIGHT LONG.
SIT OUT ALL NIGHT LONG
STAND UP ALL NIGHT LONG
STAY UP ALL NIGHT LONG
Greetings from Brazil STAY AWAKE ALL NIGHT LONG