Como dizer "pausar uma música" em inglês

É possível usar a expressão "kill that song" para falar de pausar um música?

Por exemplo:" I'm gonna kill that song". Acho que escutei essa expressão no inglês britânico em relação a pausar uma música no vinil, mas não tenho certeza se entendi certo.

Desde já agradeço!

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Yes, "kill" has also the meaning of "halt" (in the sense of stop or pause, or put an end to).
It could also mean that the person decided on not listening to this and going to the next.
"Kill" in another context could also mean "to silence", supress, etc. By way of the "mute" button or turning down the volume.
Leonardo96 19 293
I don't see why anyone would ever say it like that. It might be understandable depending on how much the context gives it away but it seems rather unnecessary to me to use such word in this context, just say "pause". It's one of those cases where keeping it simple is far more fitting and preferable