Como dizer "pegar alguém (com pergunta/argumento)" em inglês

Adriano Japan 1 2 21
to catch out (someone)

to get (someone)

→Examples:
John tried to catch me out by asking difficult questions.

-Debito (unable to resist): "Even with the aging society and the declining birthrate?"
-Superintendent (making a look like "you got me there"): "Uh, yeah. You're right. Something Japan has to think about.

FONTE

TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
9 respostas
Ordenar por: Votos
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
No sweat! we are in the same boat, that´s why we are here, should we know everything, all the time, the world would be boring. Feel free to shed light on any expression or comment I make too. Always.
Have a nice week as well. See you again. 8-)
PPAULO escreveu:I am afraid not!
Gotcha means "I got you!", and Adriano meant "you got me here". So, it´s the other way around.
Anyway, thanks for bringing one more expression to the table, this way the learner got more than he bargained for. ;)
Thanks Paulo, you're right, I didn't analyze the context of the question.

Have a nice week !
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I am afraid not!
Gotcha means "I got you!", and Adriano meant "you got me here". So, it´s the other way around.
Anyway, thanks for bringing one more expression to the table, this way the learner got more than he bargained for. ;)
Hello everybody

You may use a single word " Gotcha " !!!

See you guys around !
Andrezzatkm 2 8 111
"you caught me off guard" seria "você me pegou desprevenido"
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Dan, my buddy.
This is a puzzle! you got me pal!

ha ha ha. :lol:
Daniel Reis 2 16
Olá pessoal,

Essas sugestões acima servem para esse contexto ?

Pessoa A: Você respondeu bem a pergunta anterior, agora me diz a raiz quadrada de 1530?
Pessoa B: Agora você me pegou(agora você apertou sem abraçar).

Eu poderia dizer: Now you caught me out OR now you caught me offguard ?

Valeus
Breckenfeld 3 15 131
My suggestion:

He's tripped me up with his questions.

Bye!

I wish all EE mmbers a wonderful 2012 with happiness, health and peace.
Thomas 7 62 296
also...

to catch me offguard
to catch me flatfooted